ADVERTISEMENT

Collins said the are honoring six seniors....

Max_Power

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
He did not name names but: Pardon, Law, Taylor, Ash, Falzon and Hall.

Which leaves: Turner, Gaines, Kopp, Greer, Benson, Nance, Young with two signees in Buie and Beran and verbal commit in Jones.

5 wings in Gaines, Kopp, Turner, Nance and Beran
2 centers Benson and Young
2 point guards in Buie and Greer (in my defense Beran has played point for his HS)
1 verbal commit at PF / wing

GO OFF-SEASON DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM!

Last edited:

Which leaves: Turner, Gaines, Kopp, Greer, Benson, Nance, Young with two signees in Buie and Beran and verbal commit in Jones.

2 point guards in Buie and Beran

You mean Greer as the other PG.

Reactions: hdhntr1 and NJCat
I’m going to miss Hall’s spirit and enthusiasm. I didn’t think he was a senior.

Reactions: Noah121

Cleaning house!

Beran is not two players and is not a PG. I would guess you are thinking Greer

The articles I have read on Falzon specifucally stated that the honoring of him does NOT mean that he is necessarily gone...

The articles I have read on Falzon specifucally stated that the honoring of him does NOT mean that he is necessarily gone...
I was told by someone at the OSU game that they announced 6 seniors will be playing their final game. Secondhand information, but seems in contrast to your articles, and direct from NU. We will find out for sure soon enough.

Also, do you really think that Falzon would be honored, get a picture with Collins and Phillips, presumably have his family there... and then come back for another year — and do that again?

I was told by someone at the OSU game that they announced 6 seniors will be playing their final game. Secondhand information, but seems in contrast to your articles, and direct from NU. We will find out for sure soon enough.
If Falzon is honored at Dr. Day but it does not mean he will not be back, then it might take a while to find out

Also, do you really think that Falzon would be honored, get a picture with Collins and Phillips, presumably have his family there... and then come back for another year — and do that again?

This doesn't seem prohibitive ... surely his family wouldn't mind coming back for another game next season. Better to give him two ceremonies than zero if he decides in springtime not to return.

This doesn't seem prohibitive ... surely his family wouldn't mind coming back for another game next season. Better to give him two ceremonies than zero if he decides in springtime not to return.
Interesting situation. One can envision a scenario where a player would be uncertain at this time about his intentions, and the coaching staff is in no hurry to find out because it has plenty of scholarships available for purposes of recruiting. In that scenario, I agree it would be better to give him the ceremony now, even if there is a chance he might stick around and get a second ceremony next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT