ADVERTISEMENT

Collins will be getting lots of calls

And just where would he go? The Duke job is taken. NBA? I don't think so. He's a college coach already in a Power5 job. Not saying it couldn't happen, but it's not high on my list of worries right now,

And just where would he go? The Duke job is taken. NBA? I don't think so. He's a college coach already in a Power5 job. Not saying it couldn't happen, but it's not high on my list of worries right now,
Collins talks with a lot of pride about this program … I think he wants to build it like Coach K built Duke, but obviously minus the relaxed academic standards.

Anything can happen, but I get the same sense. Collins wants to establish a dynasty. If his underclassmen all return and he can talk Matt and Ty into returning for their final year - and they fully recover from their injuries, this could be a special team again next year.

Collins gets paid a lot of money to coach in basically his hometown with a new, rockin' arena and low fan expectations. He's also got school-aged kids. I really only see him leaving if he feels like he's hit a ceiling at NU (ie - making the tournament every year but NIL/admissions are preventing us from making a Sweet 16 or later run). Or I guess if Gragg is stupid enough to put him on the hot seat for not making a Sweet 16.

Don’t blow off the worry about CCC talking to suitors. NIL / portal is a new world & he needs to feel like he has the $$$$ to compete. Not for himself but for his guys. I hate the new normal but it exists. We need to give him ZERO reason to consider looking elsewhere.

When I saw this thread title, I thought it had something to do with referees. Like maybe in the NCAAs the refs will like him more than those in the Big 10 do?
Yeah, I thought maybe we'd get a call even in the BTT.

Don’t blow off the worry about CCC talking to suitors. NIL / portal is a new world & he needs to feel like he has the $$$$ to compete. Not for himself but for his guys. I hate the new normal but it exists. We need to give him ZERO reason to consider looking elsewhere.
Start will expelling the guy who seemed more interested in shaking Kendall Gill’s hand than Chris Lowery’s.

H
Collins talks with a lot of pride about this program … I think he wants to build it like Coach K built Duke, but obviously minus the relaxed academic standards.
He would love to have the academic standards of Duke

Anything can happen, but I get the same sense. Collins wants to establish a dynasty. If his underclassmen all return and he can talk Matt and Ty into returning for their final year - and they fully recover from their injuries, this could be a special team again next year.
Gotta have the straw that stirs the drink to have that special team.

Reactions: Purple Pile Driver
Collins gets paid a lot of money to coach in basically his hometown with a new, rockin' arena and low fan expectations. He's also got school-aged kids. I really only see him leaving if he feels like he's hit a ceiling at NU (ie - making the tournament every year but NIL/admissions are preventing us from making a Sweet 16 or later run). Or I guess if Gragg is stupid enough to put him on the hot seat for not making a Sweet 16.
Maybe he can put Gragg on the hot seat

I don’t think they will need a lot of convincing, NIL or otherwise. I would be shocked if both guys didn’t return.
Nicholson is not a quitter so I would guess if Collins wants him back he will be back. Of course as of yet, he is not even telling his family. Not as sure about Berry

Yep, you are correct. At least I am not starting dumb threads about intentionally losing games.
I never said we should intentionally lose anything.

Maybe we could beat Wisconsin with Mullins, Smith, and Hunger playing heavily. We’ll need them to step up in the tourney. What better way to get them ready than significant roles against another tournament team?

Any blue blood program that has an opening could come after him.

He has done a phenomenal job since Dr. Gragg coached him up. What is our backup plan if he leaves?

Good Lord. You are taking your troll act to a new level today.
If you look at it objectively, Dr. Gragg did a great job the last two years.

Apologies to @lunker35 , but most fanbases will turn a blind eye to the baseball program if the two revenue sports are crushing it. Which they have since Schill fired Fitz and Gragg threatened to fire CCC.

Apologies to @lunker35 , but most fanbases will turn a blind eye to the baseball program if the two revenue sports are crushing it. Which they have since Schill fired Fitz and Gragg threatened to fire CCC.
Dude, please stop,

If you or anyone thinks you can turn around developmental programs like NU football and basketball in one year with one firing or one talk, then you are resoundingly incorrect.

If you or anyone thinks you can turn around developmental programs like NU football and basketball in one year with one firing or one talk, then you are resoundingly incorrect.
Then how did he do it?

He replaced a football coach who deserved to be fired with a hungry young coach who led us to our biggest comeback in history and an unexpected Vegas bowl victory. Fitz probably would have gone 4-8 and been quite proud.

He also put CCC on overdue notice, and pressure turned that coal into a diamond.

Gragg has done a solid job. Most fans are just angry at him because Schill correctly fired Fitz.

Dude, please stop,
I’m still waiting for anyone to fully prove that Gragg has deserved the heat he’s gotten on the board. I kind of feel sorry for him.

We may disagree with how Schill went about it, but he got the main decision right by firing Fitz and empowering Gragg.

Lock the thread if you want but the Truth is apparent.

Then how did he do it?

He replaced a football coach who deserved to be fired with a hungry young coach who led us to our biggest comeback in history and an unexpected Vegas bowl victory. Fitz probably would have gone 4-8 and been quite proud.

He also put CCC on overdue notice, and pressure turned that coal into a diamond.

Gragg has done a solid job. Most fans are just angry at him because Schill correctly fired Fitz.
Gragg didn’t do it, dude. Get it?

Gragg didn’t do it, dude. Get it?
He didn’t fire Fitz, although he should have after 1-11.

He did a solid-to-good job on everything except for the baseball catastrophe. The last time I checked, Pat Ryan kept cutting the checks to build the stadium. Things are fine with Dr. Gragg at the helm.

He didn’t fire Fitz, although he should have after 1-11.

He did a solid-to-good job on everything except for the baseball catastrophe. The last time I checked, Pat Ryan kept cutting the checks to build the stadium. Things are fine with Dr. Gragg at the helm.
You don’t get the point. Please re-read what I said and try to respond to the point. His impact on basketball and football is zilch - he did not alter the outcomes.

(BTW - his baseball travesty is a fireable offense in and of itself).

You don’t get the point. Please re-read what I said and try to respond to the point. His impact on basketball and football is zilch - he did not alter the outcomes.

(BTW - his baseball travesty is a fireable offense in and of itself).
Gragg made the call to hire Braun as the interim and then accelerated the process to hire him as our fulltime head coach. He empowered Braun to do what needed to be done.

He also put CCC on notice and it paid dividends.

A lot of ADs would have fired Fitz or CCC for the results we saw - we have a patient fanbase. Gragg made a mistake with the baseball program but has since rectified it a good bit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT