ADVERTISEMENT

Field Hockey

NJCat

Gold Member
Mar 8, 2016
North Carolina
NU released the 2022 schedule today. Seems odd that the defending National Champions are playing more games away from campus than on it. Are the trips out east for recruiting purposes?

The trips out east are because that's where the teams are lol. Other than Big 10 and a couple CA schools I don't think there are any programs S of North Carolina or W of Ohio.

Reactions: hlstone
Struggled with Penn today after building a big lead. Still won 4-3.
Stats very lopsided in 'Cats favor

The passing and receiving looked off vs Penn. I think it's a multi purpose field. Which would cause the ball to take unusual hops and disrupt the flow of the game.

Reactions: No Chores
The passing and receiving looked off vs Penn. I think it's a multi purpose field. Which would cause the ball to take unusual hops and disrupt the flow of the game.
Interesting. I never knew that, but it would help explain why the 'Cats had so many shots on goal and only scored on 4 of them. But it doesn't explain how Penn had so few shots on goal and scored on nearly all of them. (By the way, do you have some direct connection to the team, or are you just a crazy like me who follows all NU teams regardless of the sport?)

Interesting. I never knew that, but it would help explain why the 'Cats had so many shots on goal and only scored on 4 of them. But it doesn't explain how Penn had so few shots on goal and scored on nearly all of them. (By the way, do you have some direct connection to the team, or are you just a crazy like me who follows all NU teams regardless of the sport?)
I can only comment on the 3rd quarter. The one goal Penn scored, the ball hopped over the keepers stick without any assistance. Our keeper makes that save every other time. She is amazing!

My only connection to the team is that my kiddo will be a keeper at NU next year to learn from the amazing Skubisz.

Go Cats!

I can only comment on the 3rd quarter. The one goal Penn scored, the ball hopped over the keepers stick without any assistance. Our keeper makes that save every other time. She is amazing!

My only connection to the team is that my kiddo will be a keeper at NU next year to learn from the amazing Skubisz.

Go Cats!
Great info and much appreciated. Your daughter must be a hell of a player if she's been recruited to join the best team in the country!

• Love
Woot!!!
Win 2-1 in OT. This team has no quit. They were down 0-1 in the 4th and just seemed to turn it up 4 levels. Once it got to OT, I knew they would win. The girls dominated OT. It was just a matter of time before they put the winning shot in the net.

Go Cats!

Reactions: No Chores
Woot!!!
Win 2-1 in OT. This team has no quit. They were down 0-1 in the 4th and just seemed to turn it up 4 levels. Once it got to OT, I knew they would win. The girls dominated OT. It was just a matter of time before they put the winning shot in the net.

Go Cats!
I've got a question for you. Why do they water the field before the game and at the half?

Woot!!!

Go Cats!

I was following online. Looking at box score afterwards the attendance was over 1,100. That's a huge crowd for FH.

NEPA, Wilkes-Barre area.
I'm from Erie, quite a distance from you. We don't have much, if any, field hockey in NW Pa. I'm a big fan of all NU athletic teams, both men and women. My annual contribution to NU goes exclusively to the Wildcat Excellence fund. Whenever I visit the campus, I try to get to both men and women's games if possible.

I'm from Erie, quite a distance from you. We don't have much, if any, field hockey in NW Pa. I'm a big fan of all NU athletic teams, both men and women. My annual contribution to NU goes exclusively to the Wildcat Excellence fund. Whenever I visit the campus, I try to get to both men and women's games if possible.
I grew up a PSU fan. Lots of family went there. My kids top choice was PSU for years. That was all over when coach Will offered her a spot on the team. She verbally committed on the spot. She didn't even discuss it with me or her mom. Love that kid and now love NU.

I will be donating to the wrestling team and FH team this year. I enjoy all collegiate sport.

I'm in the Lehigh Valley, where Emmaus has dominated FH for years. Love all sports at NU!
They are a powerhouse. Probably 5 high end D1 players a year come from Emmaus.

My kids team, Lake Lehman, has 1 a year.

Tough loss to Iowa yesterday at home 2-0. Iowa didn't have many chances but, they took advantage of 2 great passes to sniper like goals. Their defense and goalie play were superb. Kudos to them, they played a close to perfect game.

NU played well. They just couldn't get the ball in the back of the net.

One of the unluckiest plays of the game, Zimmer had a wonderful shot on goal. It was a sure goal. Only to be denied by a teammates face... Ouch🤕🤕

One of the unluckiest plays of the game, Zimmer had a wonderful shot on goal. It was a sure goal. Only to be denied by a teammates face... Ouch🤕🤕
Well, at least now she has dimples..........from the imprint of the ball! I learned that from You.

• Haha
Win vs Richmond Spiders 5-0!

I had a feeling the Cats would come out blazing after the Iowa game.

Go Cats!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT