ADVERTISEMENT

First-half thread for NU vs OSU

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
It’s the biggest disappointment in the Big Ten against the biggest surprise. I’ll let you figure out which team is which.

I’m a little under the weather tonight, so I decided not to go to Allstate and infect media row. Instead, I’ll be watching from home, just like everybody else.

Keita Bates-Diop is on a tear for Ohio State, scoring 20 or more points in each of the last four games and five of the last six. OSU is No. 23 in RPI ranking and are 6-0 in Big Ten play.

NU, on the other hand is No. 112 in RPI and 2-4 in conference. Northwestern has seen its offensive efficiency drop in B1G play from 108.9 points per 100 possessions to 95.5 (No. 12 in the B1G). They’ve lost three of four and shot less than 30 percent in two of those losses.

Interesting with Bulls/GS game going on at the UC, John Paxson made the trip here (sitting with DC).

Skelly is getting the start tonight, instead of Falzon.

Well, NU is making shots early. They're 3-for-4 from the floor and have an 8-4 lead at 15:56. They had just 3 points after 10 minutes against IU.

OSU was practicing the kick out drive layup in the early warm ups and they’ve used the exact placing and passing to score two baskets already. Hopefully CCC can stop that overreaction giving them the open lane.

Lots of bad reffing from my seat so far, and pretty one sided. But we have to make the shots we take or it doesn’t matter.

Great playcall out of the timeout.

Unfortunately OSU is too strong.
Missed layups! Going to the hoop, we need our heads up and some strength. I see our guys going in with heads down, almost ducking or turning away, and shying away from the hop. We need to go in strong and keep the heads up.

This team can win conference games with the intensity they're showing tonight. The pressing zone gets them energized.

Not sure it will be enough to get this W, however. Need to convert some layups to set up the 3s.

Our shooting is atrocious again. Mac is hurting it seems and is not actively involved in the offense. This team is not enjoyable to watch at this point.

Our shooting is atrocious again. Mac is hurting it seems and is not actively involved in the offense. This team is not enjoyable to watch at this point.
TV people have noted that Mac is not as quick as previously noted. Lindsey continues to shoot like s--t.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT