ADVERTISEMENT

First-half thread for NU vs. Penn State

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
Dave Eanet tweeted tonight that NU started Big Ten play 1-2 last year and went on the road to beat Nebraska. I like the way he thinks.

It's simple tonight, guys. NU has to get this one.

3:15 into the game, Gavin Skelly picked up his second foul. Business as usual.

BMac looked great on his first shot, a 3-pointer. But he just got his pocket picked by Wheeler and then picked up an offensive foul.

Our half court offense is really tough to watch. Bad spacing, which leads to bad passes, and too much one on one. And with Watkins down low, PSU not doubling down on Pardon in the post. Can’t even work the offense from the post.

Reactions: Hungry Jack
sheesh, we look terrible again, no energy, can't make a shot. no movement on offense.

Can’t believe I was looking forward to watching this...We have had exactly one even sort of good half court possession in eight minutes of basketball.

down 15 8 minutes left, I'm out. this is absolutely embarassing.

Since I have nothing nice to say right now, I'll honor my mother and not say it.

Penn State is shooting 80 percent from the field. NU is shooting 31.6 percent.

That can't continue.

I don't know. They're the same guys, wearing the same uniforms, but this team sure plays a lot differently than they did last year. I can't explain it.

The energy is WAY better since that last TV timeout. Nothing to do with made or missed shots. A very noticeable difference.

they got players who can create and get dunks, we get no easy shots. we have noone who can create their own shot and beat their man one on one.

Penn State is shooting 80 percent from the field. NU is shooting 31.6 percent.

That can't continue.
They're not exactly contested jumpers that PSU is hitting.
Sure it won't stay at 80. But it's mostly layups and dunks.

I don't understand some of the shots that Lindsey takes.

We need better play defensively by our centers, too many jams as someone else mentioned. Fix that and we win. Ash came in when we were down by 15! Only down by seven now and we get the ball in the third quarter with the wind at our backs.

Is it possible this team just burned themselves out last season? Gave everything they had and just can't muster that again this season? Lack of energy and desire seem like culprits almost every game now. Sad.

Woof. How can a bunch of seasoned players just forget how to play defense? The lack of energy is palpable, from top to bottom. This team is becoming hard to cheer for.

Reactions: Alan Smithee
We need better play defensively by our centers, too many jams as someone else mentioned. Fix that and we win. Ash came in when we were down by 15! Only down by seven now and we get the ball in the third quarter with the wind at our backs.
I think we should go to a zone and slow these guys down. Unfortunately I have the feeling they rarely do anything on defense other than a man to man. That’s fine if you can play it but unfortunately we can’t every night. There are certain teams we cannot play man against.

Woof. How can a bunch of seasoned players just forget how to play defense? The lack of energy is palpable, from top to bottom. This team is becoming hard to cheer for.
Skelly is too dam slow on defense. Same with Falzon! These guys from PSU, like Nebraska,are great athletes!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT