ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Duke vs. Northwestern

mshelton33

Staff
Jun 16, 2021
Northwestern (1-0) hosts Duke (1-0) tonight at Northwestern Medicine Field at Martin Stadium. The game is on pace for an 8:05 kickoff and will air on FS1.

The Wildcats are looking to snap a five-game losing streak in the series.

Turnover leads to TD. Didn’t really like our long pass attempt into double coverage deep in our own territory. Can’t afford to have turnovers. Liked we got on the scoreboard with the initial fg but we really stumbled on that series after a solid drive deep into Dukie territory. This looks like it could be a higher scoring game than anticipated.

Wind in our favor for 2dqtr. Hoping it helps. Hoping some of these mishaps on our end stop - also seen some good plays for sure! Just want moooore!

Promising drive despite early flubs… clutch 3rd down and 12 conversion!

They won't win many games if they keep beating themselves

Time to capture some momentum. Long TD drive here would be good!

I like how we took advantage of the break on the muffed punt and ended up with the score and then stopped on their next offensive drive. We’re heading in the right direction. we just need to have another drive to close out the half. Go Cats!

Best special teams units I’ve seen at NU in a long time.

147 yards and 9 first downs, so far. I don’t think the offense has looked terrible.

Reactions: corbi296
Wright's throws are terrible at times, that should have been picked but by some miracle Kirtz catches it.

3 points not off turnovers says otherwise. Points matter, not yards and first downs.
We just don't get many explosive plays, so we need to execute perfectly down the field. Not playing consistently enough to finish drives.

Reactions: eddie_gocats
Punt coverage team has been fantastic so far this year. I know the fumble was a little fluky but NU was there to capitalize and that ain’t no fluke.

Reactions: NUinIowafan
Why have Henning catch that punt if we were just going to take a knee? Makes zero sense - only bad things can happen.
Yep. Throw literally everyone at the punter — roughing him at that yard line and time on the clock is OK, to be honest — and if you don’t get there, let it roll. Not the best call.

I am at the game. When trips are to the left, Henning goes in motion to the other side. Duke has a corner trailing, but the safety has not moved over once. Henning is matched one on one. If Henning takes 3 steps on a 45 degree angle to sideline and then slants to the middle, it is a touchdown.

The best part of the half was Braun letting the clock run and not call timeout.

I am at the game. When trips are to the left, Henning goes in motion to the other side. Duke has a corner trailing, but the safety has not moved over once. Henning is matched one on one. If Henning takes 3 steps on a 45 degree angle to sideline and then slants to the middle, it is a touchdown.

The best part of the half was Braun letting the clock run and not call timeout.
Why has Porter not played more. He is our best back

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT