ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread for No. 7 Northwestern vs. No. 10 Boise State

Great start, but hey „thatkidfromholland“ don’t overhype Robbie berans D, not good. Just not good

This is the most balanced NU has been all season. Seven have scored. Only Verhoeven hasn’t.

• Love
Reactions: drewjin
If NU can clean up getting to the 50/50 balls. Game would be easier.

Chase is pressing a little.

Team looks good, finger crossed they finish first half with a nice run.

Between the bank in shot and the lose balls going right to Boise, I think that NU is really controlling this game more than the score indicates. If we didn’t get super nervous on transitions and rush shots this would be a 14 point lead.

Our passing has been sloppy - very sloppy. This is a team that we should be dominating now that both Chase & Berry are hitting 3s.

Fact we should be up 15

Hope they keep the Verhoeven/Nicolson thing going. Let’s put the small lineup ie Beran at 5 experiment to rest. This should be a blowout but for 3 prayers and 3 defensive lapses by Beran

Reactions: GatoLouco
I thought we played pretty well that half. Boise had a few last second “just get it off” shots that went in, but good defense for the most part and I love how we’re attacking the rim.

Will be interesting to see if Shaver comes back. Hope he’s okay, but that would be a big loss for them. Looks like he stirs the drink on offense.

At the half, leading 38-32 -
Buie 11 pts, 3 assists 3 reb
Audige 7 pts, 3 reb, 3 steals, 2 assists
Barnhizer 6 pts, 2 reb, 2 straps, 1 assist
Berry 6 pts, 1 reb
Beran 3 pts, 3 reb, 2 fouls
Nicholson 3 pts, 1 steal, 0 reb

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT