ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread for Northwestern vs. Illinois

They were going to make a couple threes. They’ve just done that. We’re up 8. Score here and get a couple stops and it can be 14 again. But our D hasn’t been doing what it did in H1. Gotta get back to that.

Berry and Audige need shots to fall. Audige looks out of sorts. We cannot win with Buie alone, tonight.
They are going to be all over Buie in the second half, so he’s going to have to take good shots and also look to get his guys scoring as well. He should stop shooting, just realize that others might be open with the focus on him.

• Love
Reactions: drewjin
I don't even with Boo's last shot. It looked like it climbed up the net and then down into it.

At some point Illinois will probably make some sort of run. Just need to minimize it, keep playing hard D, and don’t let it get out of hand.
Let’s hope that was it. Boo is absolutely killing it tonight.

This is sadly the second half I was afraid of, but still, when have I been in the position of worrying about losing a second half lead against a top big ten team rather than having to fight from behind? What a season...

Reactions: GatoLouco
This is sadly the second half I was afraid of, but still, when have I been in the position of worrying about losing a second half lead against a top big ten team rather than having to fight from behind? What a season...
The last two years we had plenty of leads in the second half.

• Sad
Reactions: drewjin
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT