ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread for Northwestern vs. Illinois

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
I'm here courtside at the State Farm Center, right behind Dave Eanet and Billy McKinney at the scorer's table. There's a buzz here tonight, for sure. The Orange Krush sections were almost full an hour before the game. This is my first time in this arena. It looks like an aging, '50s B movie spaceship from the outside, but it's pretty nice in here. Lots of plush amenities, including a very nice media room, even if it is underground.

I've been told that Terrence Shannon Jr. will play tonight for the Illini. He's coming back from a concussion.

Nice baseline move by Dainja to get out of the double team.

Like the BTN studio guys talking about how good Nicholson's screens are. All of our three-point attempts so far tonight seemed to have been because of his screens (though the screen on the Buie make would have Indiana/Purdue fans in quite a tizzy).

Couldn’t ask for a better start.

The defensive effort is impressive. No matter the shooting, you’re in a good situation if you are defending at a point-per-minute pace.

Aside from hitting the early threes, we are getting pretty seriously outplayed. They are smoking us on the boards, and we can’t hit anything other than threes. Fortunate to be tied. We need to regain our composure a bit.

Reactions: NUCat320
Chase's layup after the timeout was absolutely huge. Not only did it stop the bleeding, but it set up Boo's three a moment later. Love it.

12 minutes into the game and they haven't called a single foul on the home team yet.

Aside from hitting the early threes, we are getting pretty seriously outplayed. They are smoking us on the boards, and we can’t hit anything other than threes. Fortunate to be tied. We need to regain our composure a bit.
So far, Illinois has 5 boards after Illini misses, and NU has 4. Box out, boys.

WTH Village of Bedford Park advertises on the sidelines in Champaign, too!?!?!

Really amazing how crazy over a dunk a crowd can go. Even when your team is not playing well.

Wish Buie kept his zero shirt. This would become known as the kangaroo game

I'm just amazed that somehow in all that no fouling, Boo's number got ripped off his chest.

Cats driving in now though, getting some foul calls so that's better.

• Angry
Reactions: drewjin
Great 3 pt shooting so far tonight and incredible defense in that last possession. oMG. Doesn’t get better than that.

Reactions: drewjin
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT