ADVERTISEMENT

Gender Equity and the Final Four

The recent and less recent scandals (I don't know how recent you consider the Dave Bliss ordeal).

One of my wife’s college roommates was working in DC, right after college, when she met her future husband. He applied to Georgetown law school and was wait listed. He was accepted at Baylor.

They moved to Waco. He started law school and she was offered a job at Baylor. The job offer was later retracted because they saw that she had the same address he did. And they were not married yet.

The funny thing is that the only reason they were living together was because they could not afford to live in separate places. And lived in separate rooms. He’s a pretty conservative dude.

They got married later and now live in Dallas. He’s mostly a Texas A&M fan.

Baylor is quite fundamentalist, compared to many other religiously-affiliated universities such as TCU or SMU. I'm not surprised that they would look askance at two unmarrieds sharing the same address.

Although there is a small movement from students to change policy, it's also still not a good time to be identified as LGBTQ at Baylor.

However conference alignment shakes out, it will be important that other university presidents (wherever Baylor might wind up) understand the whole mindset of their new partner from Waco.

I guess the following sums up my opinion about women's BB- I hate to admit it but I would probably rather watch a soccer game than the Women's Final Four

That was my interpretation of the first post in this thread where VirginiaWildcat said:

"Women want to combine the Final Fours and split revenue since they only generate $34M and the men generate $900M."

Maybe that was the wrong interpretation. I don't know. By 'split' I assume that means 50/50.
You should consider the source.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT