ADVERTISEMENT

Injury Report: Bowser, Slater Questionable

I haven't seen him in the Wildcat this year. I would guess that HJ is fast enough that they can just call a QB run with him in there.

Lees is definitely a baller and I hope he gets going tomorrow.
Really don't like the QB draws over and over. Run the dam option !

Reminded me of Brian Musso.

That's the highest praise you can give a punt returner. Musso was fearless. Most fearless punt returners have sudden careers, but Musso seemed to have some special vision. After watching him field a few punts, NU fans could hardly wait for his next shot. Coach felt the same, no doubt. Think of a better punt returner. And he was DOWN in the Rose Bowl!

That's the highest praise you can give a punt returner. Musso was fearless. Most fearless punt returners have sudden careers, but Musso seemed to have some special vision. After watching him field a few punts, NU fans could hardly wait for his next shot. Coach felt the same, no doubt. Think of a better punt returner. And he was DOWN in the Rose Bowl!

Venric Mark.

Reactions: PurpleHaze525
Why is JJ Jefferson not returning punts and kicks? He's our fastest guy. The only half-way decent return we've had (other than the penalty-including return that killed us the other week) is from JJ. Is he dropping punts in practice? For many teams the PR is a weapon. For us, it just seems like we dread getting punted to.

For same reason Justin Roberts rarely seen the field even tho prob fastest player in every game. Guess they don’t need speed

Musso had a better career with punts returns. Mark may have had the best single season his junior year, but Musso did it all 4 years at a very high level.

Mark was an All-American at the position, and Lee Gissendaner won a Silver Trophy, in a large part due to his return game. Musso was a great returner, but I'd easily place him no higher than 3rd behind these two.

Reactions: eastbaycat99
Mark was an All-American at the position, and Lee Gissendaner won a Silver Trophy, in a large part due to his return game. Musso was a great returner, but I'd easily place him no higher than 3rd behind these two.
Easily? Just looked it up to see if my brain is failing me. Musso is 5th all time in the B1G in career punt return yardage. 6th in career punt returns, in 1995 he led the B1G in punt return yards, punt return yards per return, and punt return TD’s. He was third in the entire NCAA in punt return yards in 1995. He had 96 career punt returns at NU.

Mark was dynamic. He had the best single year in 2012 where he led the B1G in punt return yards and punt yards per return. He was 2nd in the NCAA in yards per return. However, he only had 32 career punt returns.

Venric and Lee were great returners, but they don’t easily top Musso in the all time NU hierarchy.

they are a team, so far, with almost NO QB play, pretty tough to be explosive in that kind of situation...

Seems pretty obvious that you have some kind of connection to Riley, so I’ll just go with “go Cats.”

Loved Musso as a player, totally agree when you say he was fearless. I will never forget us playing Ohio University (not OSU) at home, coached by Frank Solich. We were receiving a punt, Musso was the return guy. He called for a fair catch and an Ohio player hammered him at full speed and Musso was knocked out. The Ohio player was ejected. One of the toughest hits I’ve ever seen in college football.

I like Riley too, but he has less than 100 yards receiving in 4 games. Let’s see what happens today.

Don’t you think that is more of a statement on our inept offense in general than it says anything about a specific player?

Loved Musso as a player, totally agree when you say he was fearless. I will never forget us playing Ohio University (not OSU) at home, coached by Frank Solich. We were receiving a punt, Musso was the return guy. He called for a fair catch and an Ohio player hammered him at full speed and Musso was knocked out. The Ohio player was ejected. One of the toughest hits I’ve ever seen in college football.

Solich didn’t become the HC at Ohio until 2005. He was at UNL until 2003. So don’t think that his and Musso’s careers ever intersected.

Back to the original topic, if Bowser and Slater don’t play we are in big trouble. We have no replacement that is ready for Slater.

Bowser has earned the start, but he's been hurt nearly the whole season. DA3 can use this opportunity. If there's room to run, he'll find it. The coaches MUST have taught him how to pass protect by this week.

Maybe Jesse Brown is finally healthy again. Maybe Hull will finally get some PT.

Bowser has earned the start, but he's been hurt nearly the whole season. DA3 can use this opportunity. If there's room to run, he'll find it. The coaches MUST have taught him how to pass protect by this week.

Maybe Jesse Brown is finally healthy again. Maybe Hull will finally get some PT.
Is Moten injured or in the doghouse? After his first year, I thought we had a good one.

I like Riley too, but he has less than 100 yards receiving in 4 games. Let’s see what happens today.

ok QB play (better yesterday than it has been) and you HAVE to throw some passes down field to keep the defense honest. coverage is so tight on our receivers because the defense is playing up/tight ALL the time.

ok QB play (better yesterday than it has been) and you HAVE to throw some passes down field to keep the defense honest. coverage is so tight on our receivers because the defense is playing up/tight ALL the time.

And because our wideouts don’t scare anyone.

They did try to throw one over the top to Riley yesterday. The DB was in his back pocket.

yes, interference...and way under thrown...

not sure why you have such a bug up your a$$ with lees...seems like you like to hate for the sake of hating...

Reactions: mmca
yes, interference...and way under thrown...

not sure why you have such a bug up your a$$ with lees...seems like you like to hate for the sake of hating...

I don’t hate him at all. I’ve said multiple times that his is probably my favorite recruiting tape I have ever seen. Just haven’t seen that kind of impact/explosiveness to date.

My recollection on that play was that it was against Miami of Ohio. Their Head Coach at the time ...... Randy Walker.

but it’s been a long time, could be wrong on that.

Who are the other QB's we have turned into WR's the past several years? I thought we would get similar results from Lees, even better, but I too don't see an explosive player. I see a nice, complimentary player.

Who are the other QB's we have turned into WR's the past several years? I thought we would get similar results from Lees, even better, but I too don't see an explosive player. I see a nice, complimentary player.

Brewer, Peterman, and Ebert, most prominently.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT