ADVERTISEMENT

Jon Rothstein on Martinelli

Quite possibly the only person not on this board thinking about Cats hoops.

Jon Rothstein. The Innovator.

(I imagine Nicky Buckets is cranking up several hundred threes a day this summer.)
"A key foreign tour awaits in August."

I was excited for about 5 seconds because I am going to the Europe in August, but I'm in the north and they are in the south

"A key foreign tour awaits in August."

I was excited for about 5 seconds because I am going to the Europe in August, but I'm in the north and they are in the south
I love NU hoops, but you don't go to Europe to watch American basketball. Go see a museum and drink the local drink of choice! I'm sipping some red wine in Sevilla as I type this!

There are trains.

And planes

And automobiles
planes trains and automobiles GIF by Hollywood Suite

Martinelli is at his best off the bench. Good energy and a unique player. Don’t feel good about him starting for an entire season.

Reactions: Hungry Jack
Martinelli is at his best off the bench. Good energy and a unique player. Don’t feel good about him starting for an entire season.
He's fine as the starter.

Last year after Berry got hurt, Martinelli, Buie, Barnhizer and Langborg had to play as much as they could.
For Martinelli that meant 36 minutes per game over the last 12 games.
He wore down.

This year, I hope Martinelli starts and plays about 27 minutes a game, because (hopefully) we have better depth.

Reactions: IGNORE2
He's fine as the starter.

Last year after Berry got hurt, Martinelli, Buie, Barnhizer and Langborg had to play as much as they could.
For Martinelli that meant 36 minutes per game over the last 12 games.
He wore down.

This year, I hope Martinelli starts and plays about 27 minutes a game, because (hopefully) we have better depth.
Agree with this. He wore down last year because his minutes changed significantly. If he goes into the year expecting to play 25-30 minutes a game (and sometimes more) as a starter instead of 15-25 minutes a game (and usually not more) as a bench guy, I would think that would affect his preparation for the year.

Reactions: IGNORE2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT