ADVERTISEMENT

Minnesota vs. Northwestern Game Thread

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
It's 28 minutes to tipoff as I write this and the student sections are about two-thirds full and filling up quickly. It looks like it will be another strong showing.

Julian Roper II will be out again today, per Jon Rothstein, so the Cats will be shorthanded again. What else is new? I think they'll be fine. They have to take care of business today.

We better win.

1st prize is a Cadillac El Dorado.

2nd prize is a set of steak knives.

Student section is packed, the rest of the seats are less full at anthem time.

Cats have gotten the open looks, just not falling yet. Not happy about that goal tending call, looked like it was rolling off the rim when Matt popping back in.

Reactions: PurpleWhiteBoy
Looks like a nice atmosphere. We look a little sluggish.

I like getting a guard into that soft spot of the zone at the free throw line. They can make those short jumpers.

Reactions: drewjin
We are having Barnhizer play the shoulder and open to the side. Being replaced on the shoulder by a weak side cut.

Small ball could work well against this zone. Brooks playing the shoulder, Beran the baseline opening to the corner three. Or vice versa.

It's 28 minutes to tipoff as I write this and the student sections are about two-thirds full and filling up quickly. It looks like it will be another strong showing.

Julian Roper II will be out again today, per Jon Rothstein, so the Cats will be shorthanded again. What else is new? I think they'll be fine. They have to take care of business today.
Definitely 💯 a Lock 🔒 Down Defense!

Side note, Martinelli has an odd FT shot, like it’s a little jumper from the line.

Side note, Martinelli has an odd FT shot, like it’s a little jumper from the line.
I was going to post about this! Twinsies!

It looks like the ball weighs 20 pounds. It’s like the motion little kids have because the ball is heavy for them.

Last edited:
Reactions: EagerFan
MN was having trouble handling the ball without Cats involved. Hopefully that continues in the second half.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT