ADVERTISEMENT

Minnesota vs. Northwestern Game Thread

That can be corrected. He will be a monster in the middle next year. Watching that half of basketball was a thing of beauty. This team is for real

Reactions: drewjin
I thought scoring 70 would guarantee a win. Did not think MN had the firepower to match it. We are on pace for 90

I wonder why Battle is not more selfish. He’s so above the rest of that squad.

When I saw Matt try that little hook, I thought ‘wouldn’t it be nice if that was his shot?’

Robbie with confidence!

Wow this is so bizarro world to an early 90s alum. man we are kicking their a**!

Jacking up some sloppy hero threes.

Beran drives for the foul. I like this version of Robbie ever so much. We haven’t seen it more than one other time this year, I think.

That pass from Henley was sweet. The “end of the innocence” reference from the announcer was…a choice. I’m not sure anyone on the court - including the coaches - would get that reference, but ok.

More Martinelli please.
Wouldn't want to be accused of running up the score!!!

Verhoeven's going to have a huge +/-

That pass from Henley was sweet. The “end of the innocence” reference from the announcer was…a choice. I’m not sure anyone on the court - including the coaches - would get that reference, but ok.
Best line from an announcer today was when he mentioned asking what Ben Johnson remembered of his time at NU: Kevin O’Neil.

Martinelli needs to be willing to take the shot. Nice rebounds, but what’s comes after hasn’t worked out. Good he’s able to give what he has tho,

We need wwwaaaayyyy more Ben Johnson references
Announcer went on to say KON had an animated personality.

Sounded like my kid’s pediatrician, in the appointment after she, as a baby, threw a fit the entire time she was in her office: is she still very spirited?

Our offense has been stagnant the past few minutes. Buie needs to stop hogging it.

Uninspiring second half offensively after a good first, but just an impressive defensive effort all game. Minnesota is pretty terrible, but they could hardly move the ball around without Wildcat hands on it until garbage time.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
I was pleased to hear Audige say, when asked about playing in the backcourt with Buie...

"Well, we have struggled in past seasons to work well together"
"But we've been figuring it out" (something like that)
"The first year I was here I was pretty much just looking for my shot"
"And last year I really wasn't myself"
"This year Boo and I have been playing better together"

The numbers bear this out - In past years the team played worse when Buie and Audige were on the court together. Buie and Greer last year - excellent. Audige and Berry quite good. Audige and Buie? not so good together)

So it was encouraging to hear Audige say that. The fact that Audige even acknowledged an issue was great to hear.
This year we play better as a team when Buie and Audige are on the court together.

And that is making a big difference.

Thanks all for sharing these in game comments. I guess Titanium may be proven right with.a top 25 slotting coming up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT