ADVERTISEMENT

Mitchell

LACatFan

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
So what's up with Jack? Too many, uncharacteristic misses in the last two games (although nice job on kick offs). I feel for the kid and sure hope he can shake off whatever is nagging him before NU lines up against the Illini.

Jack Mitchell can do no wrong in my eyes. The kid misses some but never when it's "mattered."

I agree Mitchell has gone from an asset to an uncertainty. Not sure if it is mental or he is hurt. His misses have not even been on long kicks. He has missed an extra point and kicks inside the 40.

I agree Mitchell has gone from an asset to an uncertainty. Not sure if it is mental or he is hurt. His misses have not even been on long kicks. He has missed an extra point and kicks inside the 40.

Yeah, this uncertain kid put up more points today than our entire offense. I'll take him.

Reactions: Gladeskat
Can anyone who was at the game today comment on the wind? On TV it looked like a vicious crosswind that would have been a nightmare for any kicker....

Yeah, this uncertain kid put up more points today than our entire offense. I'll take him.

You know that's just a matter of circumstance, right? "Take away Jack Mitchell, and we would have lost" isn't really convincing when the argument is being made that perhaps a better kicker would have allowed for a larger margin of victory.

Points both ways guys. How were the snaps? The wind? I only listened so I couldn't see those things. Probably the coldest game he's ever kicked in maybe that was a factor, dunno. I will say that I did not like to squib Fitz made him do right after the last field goal. The guy booms them into the end zone with regularity and now you want a squib? Doesn't add up, they had their best field position after the kick at the 35. Not a fan of that at all.

I
think he has missed almost everything right. this year. Should be correctable

Points both ways guys. How were the snaps? The wind? I only listened so I couldn't see those things. Probably the coldest game he's ever kicked in maybe that was a factor, dunno. I will say that I did not like to squib Fitz made him do right after the last field goal. The guy booms them into the end zone with regularity and now you want a squib? Doesn't add up, they had their best field position after the kick at the 35. Not a fan of that at all.

Are you a fan of long KO returns for TD's? Did Wisconsin have any today? Squib kicks kinda prevent those things and is the reason why they are called.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT