ADVERTISEMENT

No respect again

Only sorta . You could say maybe that they don't deserve to be ranked #1 in the conference (but probably still in top 3 ). They still have most of the pieces (including their PG) that took them to NCAA Championship Game and have another 7 footer in the wings plus their key guys are not coming off of significant injuries
My point is, we are talking about two of the conferences top programs in the past two years. Both lost a generational talent and another key piece. One is expected to finish 1st, the other 17th.

Now, if Barney got drafted...look out.

Reactions: drewjin
It has worked fro them for a lotta years
As much as I respect Matt Painter, I think much of the credit for the Purdue bigs has to go to Brandon Brantley.
11 seasons as an assistant focused on Purdue bigs, who tend to max out their potential.

The Big Ten has awarded two Assistant Coach of the Year awards.
One to Chris Lowery. One to Brandon Brantley.

Coaching matters.

As much as I respect Matt Painter, I think much of the credit for the Purdue bigs has to go to Brandon Brantley.
11 seasons as an assistant focused on Purdue bigs, who tend to max out their potential.

The Big Ten has awarded two Assistant Coach of the Year awards.
One to Chris Lowery. One to Brandon Brantley.

Coaching matters.
Did not say who it was but the Purdue blueprint under Painter is that they have that 7 footer and build around and again it has had them at or near the top of the conference for quite a while. James has done a descent job with our bigs and only logical that they would have someone on staff that has been responsible for developing their bigs.

Hopefully we have Lowery long enough he can get a similar reputation for developing and maintaining our D. So far, so good

Reactions: drewjin
Did not say who it was but the Purdue blueprint under Painter is that they have that 7 footer and build around and again it has had them at or near the top of the conference for quite a while. James has done a descent job with our bigs and only logical that they would have someone on staff that has been responsible for developing their bigs.

Hopefully we have Lowery long enough he can get a similar reputation for developing and maintaining our D. So far, so good

🤦‍♂️

Reactions: hdhntr1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT