ADVERTISEMENT

Northwestern vs. Nebraska Open Thread

The refs in CFB have no idea what a horsecollar is. That was not a horsecollar. Not even close.

If NU does not sustain a drive here, it could get ugly. The defense has been on the field for a long time.

This game had the feeling of - it's nice we were in it at the half but I had no illusions that we could actually win the way they were just running and passing at will 10, 20, 30 yards at a time.

Sad that the comeback Cats feeling seems so long ago. This offense has nearly zero potential to make up a double digit deficit.

Reactions: Sheffielder
I just can't understand why they don't know the rule. The hand needs to be inside the top of the jersey for it to be a Horse collar. Not a big impact in this case but they should know the rule.

So why, exactly, do we suck? Wasn't there supposed to be an upward trajectory with Fitz's teams?

I repeat. CAN ANYONE ON THE BOARD PLACEKICK? If so, please report to Ryan Field.

Gee, look what good things can happen when you try play action...

Okay, I'm not saying we need to change our starting place kicker but shouldn't they perhaps try the backup since this is clearly not Mitchell's night?

Reactions: MacrayCat
We converted at least one fake under Walker but have we ever done it under Fitz? I doubt it.

The converted a bunch under Walk - which played a part in them being the Cardiac 'Cats.

Those and late come-behind wins have been awfully scarce these days.

I have to defend McCall. You have to take a shot deep when you have no kicker and your head coach had a bunch of timeouts but can't manage the clock worth a damn.

But you don't have Thorson deep and stationary in the pocket (that's the MOON game all over again) - what you do is PA (gee, it worked) or just have Thorson roll out instead of sitting in the pocket like a sitting duck.

Gee, look what good things can happen when you try play action...

Okay, I'm not saying we need to change our starting place kicker but shouldn't they perhaps try the backup since this is clearly not Mitchell's night?

er, season?

So our biggest play so far is designed QB run and we don't go back to it! Thorson had so many chances to scramble when he had no Husker in front of him but instead stays I a collapsing pocket.

Terrible game in all 3 phases except for JJTBC and a few flashes by others. Without significant improvement over the season we will be fighting to win 1-2 conference games.

Are our comebacks playing a prevent defense? Nothing says lockdown like a 15 yard cushion.

Second hold on Mahoney tonight. That may have been the last chance to mount a comeback. Unbelievable drive killer but typical for this season. Almost got my hopes up there.

Reactions: YesterdaysCat
Our OL is just killing us. Unbelievable how obvious our problems are and somehow they don't get fixed. I am getting fed up with this BS.

Reactions: YesterdaysCat
And the 'Cats return to their boring play. It has been way harder for me to stay engaged in these games, as it feels like they have no chance of coming back.

So why, exactly, do we suck? Wasn't there supposed to be an upward trajectory with Fitz's teams?
We are who we thought we'd be. It's not like we're going to overwhelm other B1G teams with superior talent. Did you really think we'd come into this game and dominate Nebraska?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT