ADVERTISEMENT

O-lines

pawildcat

Sep 15, 2006
Waynesboro, Pa.
We have extensively documented the travails of the NU offensive line on these boards, but I don't think we're alone at all when it comes to the B1G this year. Iowa, usually a decent running team, can't run the ball to save its life against Miss. State today, Michigan State has been putrid (yeah, I know they had injuries, but you hold Oregon to 7 points and lose!), and nobody outside of Wisky has really been running over anybody.

For a conference known for its rushing and great backs over the years, this has been a far from vintage year for o-lines.

Last edited:
That’s why picking Cushing’s replacement is a big, big decision. If NU can just have consistently above-average OL play, combined with Hunter and the defense, the team should contend for the West in the years to come.

Reactions: IGNORE2
Kurt Anderson was very visible and very engaged on the sidelines yesterday. Got really pumped after a JR Pace tackle for loss.

So looking to next year who is the starting five on the O-line?

Thomas —center
Gerak — RG
Urban— LG
Slater — changes from RT to LT
Vogel — RT
This is my thoughts

Thomas —center
Gerak — RG
Urban— LG
Vogel — RT
This is my thoughts

I am hoping for a grad transfer OL that can compete for one of the starting spots.

Reactions: IGNORE2
Do you have someone in mind? You usually have good info.

No inside info but Richie Petitbon from Alabama seems like a kid where there should be mutual interest. He is from the DC area originally and was offered/recruited by Hefner when he was a 4 star recruit coming out of HS. I’d be surprised if we don’t talk to him.

Last edited:
No inside info but Richie Petitbon from Alabama seems like a kid where there should be mutual interest. He is from the DC area originally and was offered/recruited by Hefner when he was a 4 star recruit coming out of HS. I’d be surprised if we don’t talk to him.

Wondered if he was related to the guy who used to play for the Bears, so I looked online and found he is. Would be a nice get.

Wondered if he was related to the guy who used to play for the Bears, so I looked online and found he is. Would be a nice get.

All time Bear great and his namesake, Richie Petitbon, is his grandfather.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bwm57

Thomas —center
Gerak — RG
Urban— LG
Vogel — RT
This is my thoughts

I wouldn’t rule out Stovall, Hebert and Weiderkehr getting in the mix for those open positions.

Reactions: Purple Pile Driver
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT