ADVERTISEMENT

Oklahoma

NJCat

Gold Member
Mar 8, 2016
North Carolina
Big, big, big game for NU Friday. OU are better this season than last despite losing Trae Young. They play much better team ball, rather than relying on Trae to jack up 3's from Enid. Solid defensively too although thankfully in the games I have watched they don't press or play extreme pressure defense. The only chance remaining for NU to pick up a high quality OOC win. I'm sure Collins has been pointing to this game for a couple of weeks. Hopefully there will be a good crowd (absent the students but including the Screamer) and NU can pull off the upset.

Go Cats!

Reactions: ricko654321
NU has shown ability to play with top teams like Indiana and UM, but has NU grown enough to win against them? We'll find out tomorrow. GO CATS!

Big, big, big game for NU Friday. OU are better this season than last despite losing Trae Young. They play much better team ball, rather than relying on Trae to jack up 3's from Enid. Solid defensively too although thankfully in the games I have watched they don't press or play extreme pressure defense. The only chance remaining for NU to pick up a high quality OOC win. I'm sure Collins has been pointing to this game for a couple of weeks. Hopefully there will be a good crowd (absent the students but including the Screamer) and NU can pull off the upset.

Go Cats!
What does the screamer look like? Is he or she a student? This feels like an intriguing thing.

We've got to be hitting on all cylinders from the opening tip. Waiting for the second half to kick it in, as has been our history, just won't work against OU. No quick fouls, please, and our defensive intensity should keep us in it.

My son is in town for this Christmas week, and will get his first experience of the new Welsh-Ryan. Counting on it being a good one.

Top three musicals of all time....Florence Henderson was a babe and a half...

Oklahoma, where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain
And the wavin' wheat, can sure smell sweet
When the wind comes right behind the rain

Oklahoma, ev'ry night my honey lamb and I
Sit alone and talk, and watch a hawk
Makin' lazy circles in the sky

We know we belong to the land
And the land we belong to is grand!
And when we say
Yeeow! A-yip-i-o-e-ay!
We're only sayin'
You're doin' fine, Oklahoma!
Oklahoma, O.K

Oklahoma, where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain
Oklahama, where the wavin' wheat, can sure smell sweet
When the wind comes right behind the rain

Oklahoma, ev'ry night my honey lamb and I
Every night we sit alone and talk
And watch a hawk
Makin' lazy circles in the sky

I just got an e-mail from NU saying there are only 100 tickets left. Checked StubHub to see plenty of $6 tickets available.

Gotta go with Shirley Jones (at 19) over FloHen. I wonder if the Farmer and Cowboy should be friends song ever comes up during the week of the OU-OSU game.

Reactions: phatcat
I checked stubhub too, and they have ~400 total tickets available.

There are other aps with cheaper seats than stubhub. Used one for Chicago state that 12 w/fees for two walking in the door.

Last edited:
Big, big, big game for NU Friday. OU are better this season than last despite losing Trae Young.

The funny thing is OU is near identical this season to last season in record and computer rankings at this time. They got off to a red hot start last season OOC before losing a bunch of conference games.

The funny thing is OU is near identical this season to last season in record and computer rankings at this time. They got off to a red hot start last season OOC before losing a bunch of conference games.
This game might give us all a better idea on how we'll do in the conference. Wonder if Falzon will see more minutes?

This game might give us all a better idea on how we'll do in the conference. Wonder if Falzon will see more minutes?

I doubt it. He has only had a couple of practices under his belt, and only 6 minutes of game action...

The ranking may be similar, but last year's team had a much better offense and overall rating at the time of our game against them, though this year's team is way better on defense (apologies for Rivals crappy formatting):

Category__________________2018 _____ 2019
KenPom ___________________20 _______ 27
Efficiency________________+19.77____ +17.28
Offense_________________1.15 (20) __1.09 (65)
Defense ________________0.95 (28) __ 0.91 (10)
Min pts scored in game____ 82 ______ 58

They've played the 5th-hardest schedule of any major-conference team thus far, but have only played two true road games against weak teams and the last one was 5 weeks ago. This will be a really tough game, but it's a must-win for us if we have any tourney hopes this year that don't include winning the B1G tournament. Hope the 'Cats watched tape from the Wisconsin game where OU lost by 20.

The ranking may be similar, but last year's team had a much better offense and overall rating at the time of our game against them, though this year's team is way better on defense (apologies for Rivals crappy formatting):

They've played the 5th-hardest schedule of any major-conference team thus far, but have only played two true road games against weak teams and the last one was 5 weeks ago. This will be a really tough game, but it's a must-win for us if we have any tourney hopes this year that don't include winning the B1G tournament. Hope the 'Cats watched tape from the Wisconsin game where OU lost by 20.
Vegas has this as essentially a pick 'em game. The analytics (T-Rank, etc) also have it even. Should be a great game.

The post I replied to said OU was much better this season. Your data says OU is better this season. I'll split the difference and say it's actually fairly negligible. Similar team at similar point in the season. They go about it differently but the overall quality of opponent is similar.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT