ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NL will use DH for EVER :(

I was more focused on the picture than the language in the tweet, but I get your point. It's just that the ump was so eager to do his K dance that he rung up hitters on pitches six inches off the plate. I like the comparison to Leslie Nielson in Naked Gun.

There is no doubt the strike zone was very large. That helps the WS because the Astros are a disciplined team that rarely chase out if the zone. What do think about the Astros coming back with McCullers today? He seems to own the WS, but I would rather face him in a hostile environment. Carlos hasn’t pitched a lot lately and he’ll have a short hook from TLR. We he is right, he’s very good, but we aren’t sure he is healthy.

The one good thing about rooting for a crappy team like the Reds is that you rarely have to deal with the stress and pain of losing a playoff series.:rolleyes:

There is no doubt the strike zone was very large. That helps the WS because the Astros are a disciplined team that rarely chase out if the zone. What do think about the Astros coming back with McCullers today? He seems to own the WS, but I would rather face him in a hostile environment. Carlos hasn’t pitched a lot lately and he’ll have a short hook from TLR. We he is right, he’s very good, but we aren’t sure he is healthy.

Gotta figure Rodon consulted w Boras on this start. Early in the season, he was looking at a nine figure contract somewhere. Now, he is fighting for a QO and maybe a decent prove it one year offer for next year. If he flames out, it hurts him. I’m sure he gave Boras all the info and Boras gave him to instruction to pitch. If true, I would expect Rodon to rock today.

I'd have stuck with Urquidy, with Greinke first out of the pen, but what do I know. Lots of questions for game 5 if the Astros lose today.

Well, our first season with the window open and we win the central and make the playoffs. We need more pitching and a 2B.

I’m questioning whether a QO for Rodon makes sense. Maybe we try him on another prove it deal. Not sure we exercise Kimbrel or Hernandez.

Kopech and Crochet are far from sure things. So the Sox need to spend on pitching. This will be an interesting offseason.

Reactions: NU Houston
@chicagocatfan24 why do the Sox get lit up on the basepaths? Is it Grandall - is it time to move him to DH? Is it the pitchers - need to work on faster releases and better pickoffs?

Well, our first season with the window open and we win the central and make the playoffs. We need more pitching and a 2B.

I’m questioning whether a QO for Rodon makes sense. Maybe we try him on another prove it deal. Not sure we exercise Kimbrel or Hernandez.

Kopech and Crochet are far from sure things. So the Sox need to spend on pitching. This will be an interesting offseason.
Best of luck to the White Sox and their fans (you know who you are!) going forward. I've enjoyed learning about the team through watching the games and reading this thread. The future is bright.

Reactions: IGNORE2
I walked up to him to bust his balls about a running bit I do thinking he'd laugh it off and he had a prepared trivia question to stump people who inevitably were going to call him out for being a pink hat.

I wonder if anybody will come up to you to bust your balls about how bad your take was on this team’s playoff chances? I thought you were supposed to be some sort of baseball expert. What happened?

I wonder if anybody will come up to you to bust your balls about how bad your take was on this team’s playoff chances? I thought you were supposed to be some sort of baseball expert. What happened?
My take wasn't incorrect. I said they could win it all or get swept. That wasn't wrong. I can't predict the future and don't operate as if my baseball brain is the end all/be all. You're acting as if I had a "take" as bad as saying Fitz has no intention of replacing McCall, while simultaneously talking down on anyone who disagreed with you...

...before he was literally fired the VERY next day.

And if someone did come up to me and bust my balls about just about anything at all, I'd take it in stride and have fun with it. I wouldn't immediately get confrontational and use a prepackaged, obscure name drop trivia question to prove a point. That'd just make me come off as insecure.

• Love
Looks like you got under his skin. He went after you with the personal comments.
What's funny in this whole thing is that Cusack was blatantly wrong in his assertion that Mike Squires was the 1st baseman on the '83 team. He was a 1st baseman, but was behind Tom Paciorek and Greg Walker on the depth chart. And yes, anyone that calls themselves a Chicagoan and claims allegiance to both teams is a fraud.

My take wasn't incorrect. I said they could win it all or get swept. That wasn't wrong. I can't predict the future and don't operate as if my baseball brain is the end all/be all. You're acting as if I had a "take" as bad as saying Fitz has no intention of replacing McCall, while simultaneously talking down on anyone who disagreed with you...

And if someone did come up to me and bust my balls about just about anything at all, I'd take it in stride and have fun with it. I wouldn't immediately get confrontational and use a prepackaged, obscure name drop trivia question to prove a point. That'd just make me come off as insecure.

LOL touchy, touchy. I am not here to remind you of how wrong you really were, I was just busting your balls. Thought you’d just laugh it off!

Last edited:

I liked the Lamarr Hoyt reference. I remember him. That must make me a White Sox fan.

What was that crap about smelling bad and not brushing your teeth? Dem fighting words. I assume that came out after the confrontation?

Totally not angry. 🤣
LOL, are you looking in the mirror? What do I have to be angry about? I am sad for my boys who are upset about the Sox but even they knew this team didn’t have horses and they are just fans.

At least the Cubs can look forward to a top three draft pick :) Top five???

Well, they have all those young rookies to count on….

LOL, are you looking in the mirror? What do I have to be angry about? I am sad for my boys who are upset about the Sox but even they knew this team didn’t have horses and they are just fans.

I don't know...what do you have to be angry about? Maybe if you dealt with it, you'd stop being so mad and bitter. ;)

I don't know...what do you have to be angry about? Maybe if you dealt with it, you'd stop being so mad and bitter. ;)

I get it. You are upset and you want to vent at someone. Cheer up, there is always next season.

Best of luck to the White Sox and their fans (you know who you are!) going forward. I've enjoyed learning about the team through watching the games and reading this thread. The future is bright.
Astros won in every facet of the game. I hope the team uses it as a learning experience that the little things matter. The 3 uncontested SB’s were a microcosm of the difference between the teams. I see the Astros handling the Red Sox and Giants/Dodgers winner is the only team that could give them problems. I took the Giants to start the playoffs, but tonight against Urias will be tough.

@chicagocatfan24 why do the Sox get lit up on the basepaths? Is it Grandall - is it time to move him to DH? Is it the pitchers - need to work on faster releases and better pickoffs?
I am not 24, but it is clearly both. The pitchers are mostly terrible holding runners and Yasmani is below average behind the plate. I know the pitcher can shake the pitch call but man some of the pitch selection in this serious was very curious.

I have to find a way to get Vaughn and Sheets in the everyday line up next year. That means one has to DH. Yasmani stays behind the plate for most games.

Reactions: hoosboot
I get it. You are upset and you want to vent at someone. Cheer up, there is always next season.

"there is always next season." The Cubs tell.

I think you're right that it's the source of your anger. But what are you doing to process that anger and move past it? You can do it, Corbi!

Reactions: NUCat320
I am not 24, but it is clearly both. The pitchers are mostly terrible holding runners and Yasmani is below average behind the plate. I know the pitcher can shake the pitch call but man some of the pitch selection in this serious was very curious.

I have to find a way to get Vaughn and Sheets in the everyday line up next year. That means one has to DH. Yasmani stays behind the plate for most games.

Sheets has been a massive (and pleasant) surprise. But can he do it over 600 ABs? If so, they are in pretty decent shape with position players with 2B being the one spot they may need to address. There are enough strong arms for a solid bullpen, but the rotation has some big question marks with Rodon and Keuchel so uncertain. Have to believe Kopech steps into one spot, but that means there must be a lefty answer for the other spot. Don't see Crochet being ready for that load, so that's the off-season priority to me.

What's funny in this whole thing is that Cusack was blatantly wrong in his assertion that Mike Squires was the 1st baseman on the '83 team. He was a 1st baseman, but was behind Tom Paciorek and Greg Walker on the depth chart. And yes, anyone that calls themselves a Chicagoan and claims allegiance to both teams is a fraud.

I’d say 90% on the pitchers. McCall is historically fine at throwing out runners. Sox pitching holds runners like garbage

Everyone should read this article about my favorite White Sox player ever. Can you be a Hall of Famer on the strength of holding runners and fielding your position? I sure hope so.

When I was a radio guy in the twins minor league system, “work fast, throw strikes, pitch to contact” was the mantra. K-rate be damned. (The best future major leaguer generated from those three years: Nick Blackburn…)

For any of those who still care about the 2021 attendance:

Attendance for White Sox for the 2021 season was the 13th-highest in baseball at 1,596,385. Add 80,000 for the 2 home playoff games so about 1,700,000 attended over playoffs and regular season games.

The Cubs attendance for the season was 1,978,934, the seventh-best number in baseball.

Here’s the source:

Attendance for White Sox for the 2021 season was the 13th-highest in baseball at 1,596,385. Add 80,000 for the 2 home playoff games so about 1,700,000 attended over playoffs and regular season games.

The Cubs attendance for the season was 1,978,934, the seventh-best number in baseball.

Here’s the source:
Willy is the only one who cares. It’s his claim to fame on retorts.

Here’s the source:
Willy should have taken that bet!

White Sox also had less games at full capacity once the city opened up. In the end who cares? Sox Park will be an awesome place to watch great baseball in the coming years
I just found it humorous that had willy gotten his wits about him for long enough to take the bet offered, he would have won by a good margin.

Well, apparently the mods have blessed this high traffic thread for some reason…

Cesar gone, Kimbrel kept to trade and a pass on the QO for Rodon. What will they do this off-season? I like Vaughan and Co for right field. Need lots of pitching, lots. And 2b.

@chicagocatfan24 - what you thinking? And still have not heard any explanation for crochet velocity drop. TJ surgery to come?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT