ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NL will use DH for EVER :(

This weekend was an ALCS preview
Need Story or Frazier and a BP arm or two. BP has been disappointing. Eloy and Robert back sets up O to be as good as anyone. Amazing with the loss of Eloy, Robert, Grandal, and my boy Madrigal that they have stayed a float. Attendance improving, might be time to ask the taxpayers for a subsidy so we can sign Rodon.

Reactions: IGNORE2
Of course, Cubs were able to open fully up earlier but I am confident. Stream, willy - care to wager on the finally home attendance numbers after all the games have been played> :D
Me? Hey, I was just writing hilarious banter. I don’t care what the Sox do. They do not exist in my little self-contained existence.

Last edited:
Me? Hey, I was just writing hilarious banter. I don’t care what the Sox do. They do not exist in my little self-contained existence.

Cubs fan. Probably not sure what runs are. How many points did the Cubs score tonight?

Fun night. Sox should have left Lynn in. He wasn’t at a hundo. But whatever, losses will happen.

That thunderbolt off sheets’ bat was never a question. Crack… watch it fly out. Nice finish.

But why not Kopech…. Lopez then Foster after a loss, and bench TA. Talk about not playing to a crowd.

Take the win. Hope they send Lopez and Foster down - trade for some BP help and an infielder. Guess LuBob got his rehab assignment today. Help in the OF is on the way. And sheets, Engel, Vaughn look like they belong. Even Goodwin could be a strong role player.

Cubs fan. Probably not sure what runs are. How many points did the Cubs score tonight?
Nobody knows the Cubs’ scores like Sox fans do. They have an unhealthy obsession. I share Cub season tickets and am astounded by how many Sox hats and jerseys I see at games. No wonder our attendance is good.

You want to know where your fans are? Wrigley.

Nobody knows the Cubs’ scores like Sox fans do. They have an unhealthy obsession. I share Cub season tickets and am astounded by how many Sox hats and jerseys I see at games. No wonder our attendance is good.

You want to know where your fans are? Wrigley.

Everybody enjoys a good beer garden.

Reactions: StreamCat
Need Story or Frazier and a BP arm or two. BP has been disappointing. Eloy and Robert back sets up O to be as good as anyone. Amazing with the loss of Eloy, Robert, Grandal, and my boy Madrigal that they have stayed a float. Attendance improving, might be time to ask the taxpayers for a subsidy so we can sign Rodon.
Maybe they can redo Soldier Field to make it the Sox new home

Everybody enjoys a good beer garden.
Actually everybody just like watching a ballgame in beautiful ballpark! Guess not a lot of people enjoy Arrow Down field. Was their attendance above 20,000 for their last home game?

Last edited:
Actually everybody just like watching a ballgame in beautiful ballpark! Guess not a lot of people enjoy Arrow Down field. Was their attendance above 20,000 for their last home game?

Yes, it was. Were the Cubs over .500 yet after their last home game?

Willy you didn't respond to my $10,000 bet offer. I assume it got left in the drafts or something. Who's the 3rd party I should send my money to? Can put it in an escrow account or something too if that works

Let me know!

Willy you didn't respond to my $10,000 bet offer. I assume it got left in the drafts or something. Who's the 3rd party I should send my money to? Can put it in an escrow account or something too if that works

Let me know!
Do something good with that cash. How about donate it to a charity or pet rescue.

It was. 25K plus. So willy, you smartly avoiding betting on your losing flubs v the Sox. Care to wager on the season total attendance? I’ll sit back and enjoy your lack of response :)

It was. 25K plus. So willy, you smartly avoiding betting on your losing flubs v the Sox. Care to wager on the season total attendance? I’ll sit back and enjoy your lack of response :)
first, I'm not a bettor. As of yesterday he Cubs have drawn over 900,00 and the sox over 700,00. Hey you should use your cash and buy some folks sox tickets, so the park wouldn't look half empty.

Reactions: StreamCat
first, I'm not a bettor. As of yesterday he Cubs have drawn over 900,00 and the sox over 700,00. Hey you should use your cash and buy some folks sox tickets, so the park wouldn't look half empty.
And so you should bet me. Such an advantage- attendance through end of year...how could you possibly lose?

So I'll ask again, can't you read??? I clearly stated that I don't gamble. Got it???

I’ll say it again, it’s ironic that you would ask somebody else if they can read. Raise your hand if you were convinced willy didn’t or couldn’t read posts here!

My favorite are the ones when you respond to a post from five years ago as though it’s a recent post.

I’ll say it again, it’s ironic that you would ask somebody else if they can read. Raise your hand if you were convinced willy didn’t or couldn’t read posts here!

My favorite are the ones when you respond to a post from five years ago as though it’s a recent post.
Why does this thead still exist on WR while other threads disappear at will? @lou v , @FloridAlum : can you please inform us college football fans?

Reactions: willycat
Before anyone comments, I don’t like the trade. Should have insisted on Andrew Vaughn.

• Haha
Really, this is a great trade for the Cubs. 2 young studs for a Closer they will never be able to use. This is akin to the Cubs Chapman trade. White Sox better win this year or this trade will haunt them.

I don’t question trading Kimbrel but I do question whether this was the best return they could get. Overall I think Hoyer killed it but this one feels like one where he could have gotten more.

Really, this is a great trade for the Cubs. 2 young studs for a Closer they will never be able to use. This is akin to the Cubs Chapman trade. White Sox better win this year or this trade will haunt them.

I don't think so. Madrigal was better than I thought he'd be, as I thought he'd be physically overmatched, but he's not some franchise cornerstone. He'd be there 9 hitter the next 5 years. Heuer is filthy, but the command hasn't been there.

This is a huge move for the Sox. MASSIVE. Going from Lynn/Los/Gio to Kopech/Hendriks/Kimbrel in whatever order is not going to be fun for opposing lineups.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT