ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Does it Again

UConn has tried this, trying to recapture their past glory by re-hiring the former coach who left them for greener pastures initially. It hasn't worked so far.

A return to past Schiano success at Rutgers isn’t likely, in part because they now play in the B10 East, but you also have to wonder who else was available that would be able to turn things around in a 2-3 year period? At least if Schiano fails, his re-hire won’t be hanging over the school officials after every coach hiring going forward.

Reactions: corbi296
UConn has tried this, trying to recapture their past glory by re-hiring the former coach who left them for greener pastures initially. It hasn't worked so far.
So did KSU, and it did work. This is extreme tho

I was at the Indy airport after last year's B1G Championship Game-Coach Shiano and a "recruit' were heading to DC. The "recruit" was actually Coach Day- I could not belief how young he looked

Coach Shiano may be what Rutgers needs. NJ has a lot of talent, most leave the state to play however . PSU and ND have dominated NJ recruiting for years. (NU has done pretty well also)

So did KSU, and it did work. This is extreme tho

Bill Snyder didn't have another job between his KSU stints. Not sure what that may mean but it sets him apart from Schiano and Edsall and Johnny Majors

I was at the Indy airport after last year's B1G Championship Game-Coach Shiano and a "recruit' were heading to DC. The "recruit" was actually Coach Day- I could not belief how young he looked

Coach Shiano may be what Rutgers needs. NJ has a lot of talent, most leave the state to play however . PSU and ND have dominated NJ recruiting for years. (NU has done pretty well also)
Day is only 40. He should have quite the career if this season’s start is any indication.

Schiano will prove an interesting case study. He jumped to the NFL at the right time for his career, Rutgers treaded water for a bit, and quickly bottomed out without resources in the B1G. I agree that with the right coach and an investment from their leadership they should improve and make a dent in the B1G East. We’ll see how they do.

Great hire. Now let's see what happens at Maryland. Jury still out on Locksley. Big Ten really has improved head coaches the past several years.

Great hire. Now let's see what happens at Maryland. Jury still out on Locksley. Big Ten really has improved head coaches the past several years.
I agree on Schiano. Nobody’s found success at Rutgers, and it’s not like Schiano has been on vacation for the past decade.

Disagree on Locksley, who might be the worst head coach in D1. (His career record is 6-40, tho he put up some numbers when calling the offense at Alabama.)

Two of those wins are against Rutgers :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT