ADVERTISEMENT

Second Half Thread of Doom and Lament

Can our kicker not make a 25yo field goal? I mean, jesus, we are down 9. You take the easy field goal. How is that even a question? We're down 9. We need a field goal and a touchdown. But if you do go for it (and you shouldn't), you don't pass on 4th and 1

Got stuffed on 2 run plays in critical short yardage situations.

I turned off the audio and dialed up WGN on line manis the game better

Fitz made a decision to go for it on 4th down about 5 games ago, and now he's so stubborn, he can't let it go...

Our boards would be so much more interesting it is wasn't dominated by people who neither fully understand football nor have ever coached any level. Speaks volumes to the lack of football intelligence of our football 'fans', that the ONLY thing they can see, in hindsight no less, is to say the decisions made in the game were wrong.

Ummm you're assuming our kicker would execute... no further comment.

Then the game would be on the kicker...

(Putting aside the responsibility on Fitz on not being able to get a kicker who can kick even shorter FGs.)

Our boards would be so much more interesting it is wasn't dominated by people who neither fully understand football nor have ever coached any level. Speaks volumes to the lack of football intelligence of our football 'fans', that the ONLY thing they can see, in hindsight no less, is to say the decisions made in the game were wrong.
Oh, stuff it.

Only at NU could a so-called fan take this opportunity to attack other fans and defend the indefensible.

Except, Darth, we aren't paid millions to do the coaching correctly.

Wow we are not taking advantage of these opportunities... Time is going to run out...come on no quit. As bad as it has gone we are still in this thing...

So can you explain why Fitz went for 2 after TD and keeps the kicker on the sideline? We left 7 on the field.

Then the game would be on the kicker...

(Putting aside the responsibility on Fitz on not being able to get a kicker who can kick even short FGs.)
How many times do I have to say this:

Fitz preaches "Trust Yourself" but every big call he makes screams "I DON'T TRUST MY PLAYERS TO MAKE PLAYS"

Golly gee, you are so right. And our games would be so much more interesting if we won. But since the fans suck, we will never win. I feel so sorry for the coaches and players to be stuck with us.

Some of us don't have the quickness to type in our opinion on a play before it actually happens. But I'll make sure to audio record it for you with a time stamp next time.

Hindsight?

I've been stating for ages that trying to run it on 3rd/4th down from shotgun is a play that is doomed to fail for the most part (as the O-line continually cannot sustain a push).

Was also the one calling for the QB sneak in those situations and McC finally went for that more than halfway thru the 2014 season - which worked.

In this game, the coaching staff reverted to all the things that didn't work.

And oh, I've been also the one calling for moving the pocket when the O-line clearly is being dominated (which again, McC was too slow in doing a la the MOON game).

Reactions: Fitz51
Yup, that's it. If you get a kickoff fumble recovery and multiple trips inside the 30 and come up with zero points you are done.

I'm amazed the game is as close as it is.

Just so frustrating that our team is not even entertaining to watch most of the time.

We don't deserve a bowl but we may be able to get one. The only good thing will be the extra practices as we have lost to every bowl bound team we've played except Iowa.

I don't know if we can beat Illinois without Carr. There better be changes next year.

Now Leidner picking us apart and the RBs pounding through. We had SO MANY chances. Horrible execution and coaching today in ALL phases of try game. Well, we got a fumble off a kickoff at least so special teams gets a half a point.

Yup, that's it. If you get a kickoff fumble recovery and multiple trips inside the 30 and come up with zero points you are done.

I'm amazed the game is as close as it is.

Just so frustrating that our team is not even entertaining to watch most of the time.

We don't deserve a bowl but we may be able to get one. The only good thing will be the extra practices as we have lost to every bowl bound team we've played except Iowa.

I almost don't want us to get extra practices under this staff. Their track record seems to indicate that they only make our players worse.

Reactions: IGNORE2
I don't know if we can beat Illinois without Carr. There better be changes next year.

I think JP and PF are thinking about firing everyone on this Board, even the klanners... That will fix everything.

And...that's the game. Good effort by the D, but you can bail out ineptitude for only so long.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT