ADVERTISEMENT

Soak it in

Maybe I shouldn't, but I'm already past getting excited about just being in the tourney now. Let's make some noise this week and maybe see if we can't get to the second weekend of the tourney.

Maybe I shouldn't, but I'm already past getting excited about just being in the tourney now. Let's make some noise this week and maybe see if we can't get to the second weekend of the tourney.

You should! The team is playing well over the last three games. Yes, Rutgers stinks, but Purdue and Michigan are playing very well right now, and NU went toe to toe with both. Next up: Maryland, who is probably not much better than whoever NU is playing next week. They are going to make noise.

Rutgers is a good rebounding team. Tonight, the Cats missed 20 shots (30-50) and had 9 offensive rebounds. RU missed 31 shots and had 8 offensive boards. Overall, we outrebounded RU 33-19.

Out of fairness to Rutgers though they were coming off a physically demanding game from the night before ours. Actually was surprised the commentators never mentioned that fact to help explain away the disparity in scoring tonight.

On the other hand, I don't recall the last time NU got that point of sympathy in our second day Tourney game(s) of the past.

Out of fairness to Rutgers though they were coming off a physically demanding game from the night before ours. Actually was surprised the commentators never mentioned that fact to help explain away the disparity in scoring tonight.

On the other hand, I don't recall the last time NU got that point of sympathy in our second day Tourney game(s) of the past.
frankly, there have been so few that I barely remember them at all

NOW you're talkin'!!!

NU has had a knack for stopping hot teams. Nebraska was the hot team at the start of conference play racing out to a 3-0 start before we knocked them out on their home court. Michigan was probably one of the hottest teams in the country when we took care of them. Now, Rutgers, though the last place team in the league, was playing their best ball of the year winning their last two games (a big deal for a team that won 3 conference games all year) and we destroyed them. Pretty impressive!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT