ADVERTISEMENT

Student Athlete Mental Health Week

DkeCat

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2002
Hilinski's Hope Foundation changing "College Football Mental Health Week" to "Student Athlete Mental Health Week," and broadening its efforts. Great to see.

I know sometimes we look at this as a Karen kind of thing,,,but having observed many high school classes in a variety of high schools , talking to social workers and counselors and interacting with students and even from a simpler viewpoint of watching my grandkids in their first few years of school during the pandemic there seems to be a significant change in attitudes of high school kids . Optomism seems to be leaking away like a tire with a small puncture. Sometimes just observing was enough to make me go home depressed. To me the increase and focus on mental health is a symbol of a weakening of the culture of our social fabric. I dont think (beside our national wealth) that childhood and adolescence is what it once was....sorry Oppy. So glad to see a focus on the mental health of student/athletes... also makes me think that Fitz keeps the ship on the right course.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT