ADVERTISEMENT

This is who Collins is. Dating back to Duke days. And his teams embody it.

wildcatcoaster

Oct 27, 2003
I was at Duke Law during the Collins playing era. Yep he was a decent player for most of the game. And invariably with about 5 minutes left in the game, he'd make a three and act like he'd just won the NCAAs. Then he'd go stone cold, and miss his next 5 shots (sometimes bailed out by other Dookies, but never the hero). I worried about this personna when he took the job.

And sure enough, his teams play well, even heroically, until about 5 minutes left in the game (sometimes longer). But their complete inability in crunch time is not just a statistical anomaly, it is the epitomization of everything Chris Collins is. And while the talent might upgrade, there's no denying this is a consistent problem but not one that was unforseen if you go back to the Duke tape.

• Wow
Reactions: drewjin
Just awful. They have 8 new players. We have about 10 returning players. And they sweep us.

Collins needs to go.

Reactions: IGNORE2
I know there’s the whole “teams take the personality of their coach”, but it feels like a stretch to say a team will be like the coach was in the last 5 minutes of a game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT