ADVERTISEMENT

This is why I love the GB Packers

I grew up on Long Island and everyone who grew up with me was a Jets fan.

Still am one, will always be one...

But this is just cool.

https://sports.yahoo.com/packers-lambeau-field-snow-shovel-fans-nfl-playoffs-011900824.html

I’m a Jets fan as well. To be honest I have very little respect for Packers fans, Steelers fans, Patriots fans, etc....

It’s easy to have a passionate fan base when the team wins all the time. The Jets by contrast haven’t hosted a home playoff game since January 2003!

Reactions: MotownMedilldo
Reactions: Alaskawildkat
This is in contrast with what ND did a few years ago against us where it appears they shoveled the snow from the ND sections and dumped it in our section of the stadium. Made the victory even sweeter, although my feet were frozen.

I certainly didn't experience this and I was most definitely in the NU section.

I’m a Jets fan as well. To be honest I have very little respect for Packers fans, Steelers fans, Patriots fans, etc....

It’s easy to have a passionate fan base when the team wins all the time. The Jets by contrast haven’t hosted a home playoff game since January 2003!
In many ways you are right about this. How many times have we said, "Just win Baby" about getting Ryan Field filled up.
There are a few other things about the Pack that just draw you in. When I moved 130 miles North of Green Bay in 1989, I was a pretty die hard Bears fan. The Pack was just so much fun to watch that after a few years, I didn't know who I was going to cheer for when the Bears played the Packers until the game began. Eventually, it was the personality of Bret Farve and later Arron Rodgers that won me over. Those QB's were just so much more charismatic and fun loving leaders than the likes of pouty Jay Cutler and the rest.
The fans too as you see in this article are so devoted. I'd bet that many of those who came to shovel were just thrilled for the opportunity to enter Lambau.
Winning does make it easy but prior to Farve, the Packers had some lean years but I think they sold out every game.

But this is just cool.

https://sports.yahoo.com/packers-lambeau-field-snow-shovel-fans-nfl-playoffs-011900824.html
I see this as totally misguided altruism. An NFL team is a multi billion dollar entity. They should hire a company and pay them to clear the stadium.

If people wanted to volunteer, they should go to places that need the help, like a homeless shelter or food bank.

Now get off my lawn.

I see this as totally misguided altruism. An NFL team is a multi billion dollar entity. They should hire a company and pay them to clear the stadium.

If people wanted to volunteer, they should go to places that need the help, like a homeless shelter or food bank..
The people are getting paid. They get cash at the end of their shift. No altruism there.

I watched some lousy Packers football in the 70's & 80's. I have greatly enjoyed the last 25 years!

If people wanted to volunteer, they should go to places that need the help, like a homeless shelter or food bank.

Now get off my lawn.
Well then, carry on.

But this is just cool.

I am one of those strange fans, who like both The Bears and The Packers. We live in Wilmette and have a home in Sturgeon Bay. They are so excited for Sunday and the folks will be there ready to shovel. Murphy has done a very nice job and most fans love him and our four Wildcats. Nothing like Lambeau for a game. We just left Sturgeon Bay today, because our daughter starts back at Lake Forest College on Monday.

This is in contrast with what ND did a few years ago against us where it appears they shoveled the snow from the ND sections and dumped it in our section of the stadium. Made the victory even sweeter, although my feet were frozen.

The NU-ND game with snow in the bleachers is what immediately came to mind when I heard on the radio today of the story of the snow shovel brigade being organized for the upcoming NFL game.

I certainly didn't experience this and I was most definitely in the NU section.
Then you were lucky. I was in the middle f an NU section and there had to be at least 6 inches of snow on the ground and seats and even the steps and ramps were ice-covered. Saw two people slip and fall. ND is lucky they weren't sued.

Now get off my lawn.

What the hell?

Now get off my lawn.

The Green Bay Packers are public they have 360,000 owners.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Bay_Packers,_Inc.

Last edited:
Anyone watch the North Dakota St, James Madison game for the FCS championship? It was in Frisco Texas ,snowing and those fans had a blast, both sides....dressed up in goofy outfits goofy cheers.....seems like I spend my time at NU games....angry and yelling at opposing fans who outnumber me....Have we ever had any fun traditions other than carrying the goal posts to Lake Michigan? (which we should bring back)... Yes I know winning is fun! bring that back too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT