ADVERTISEMENT

Vault

Purple Pile Driver

Gold Member
May 14, 2014
Anywhere but the Rant Board
We have some exceptional backs. As great as JJ is, I was happy to see the 3 back ups get some touches. I would like to see us get Vault 3-4 catches a game. He is electric in the open field and demands attention whenever he is on the field. All these guys are young studs!

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
We have some exceptional backs. As great as JJ is, I was happy to see the 3 back ups get some touches. I would like to see us get Vault 3-4 catches a game. He is electric in the open field and demands attention whenever he is on the field. All these guys are young studs!

Along the lines of young studs. Thorson has three years left. If he continues to develop this season at his current trajectory, NU should be able to pick up some really excellent WRs who would be ready as true freshman to contribute.
Who wouldn't want to be catching balls from a guy who is on an NFL trajectory? He would make them look great from day one.

The Michigan defensive front looks brutal. We'll need some of the other guys to get carries to spell Jackson. Vault is very dangerous, but don't forget Shuler's punt return on Saturday. Would like to see Vault, Shuler, Roberts, Anderson on the field in a "speed" package on occasion to stretch the field. NU will have a hard time moving the ball against Michigan if the Wolverines are allowed to crowd the box.

Vault is awesome. I live in Gaithersburg, his home town. He was a super stud at Gaithersburg High. I'm still amazed he picked the Cats. We should try to get the ball in his hands 10-12 times a game.

Reactions: phatcat
Vault is awesome. I live in Gaithersburg, his home town. He was a super stud at Gaithersburg High. I'm still amazed he picked the Cats. We should try to get the ball in his hands 10-12 times a game.
His great TD catch would have been a sportscenter hilite if the idiot refs didn't negate it. He had his hands under the ball all the way to the ground. Ridiculous reversal. Nevertheless, we need to see that wheel route from him a couple of times a game!

Anyone know what the deal is w/ Buckley?

He seemed destined for that speedy WR role until injury hit last year (Vault may have overtaken his role).

Anyone know what the deal is w/ Buckley?

He seemed destined for that speedy WR role until injury hit last year (Vault may have overtaken his role).

He isn't that fast and isn't consistent catching the ball, plus has battled injuries for a while now.

Pretty sure I saw him without pads but on the sidelines on Saturday...assuming an injury.

I saw Buckley play on the opening kickoff, but then in second half he was on the sidelines without pads.

I watched the replay of Vault's hilite catch and agree with the ref's reversal. The ball was clearly seen moving and hitting the ground at the same time. However, the gestalt of the play was spectacular and worth a trap to the hilite reel, even if it was not a "catch". maybe there should be an award for "almost" catches?? But it does show his athleticism and speed.

I watched the replay of Vault's hilite catch and agree with the ref's reversal. The ball was clearly seen moving and hitting the ground at the same time. However, the gestalt of the play was spectacular and worth a trap to the hilite reel, even if it was not a "catch". maybe there should be an award for "almost" catches?? But it does show his athleticism and speed.
The ball can be seen moving, but there was no evidence that it was hitting the ground rather than just moving around in Vault's hand. The ball is allowed to hit the ground as long as you're not pinning it there to make the catch.

I was more upset that they reversed it than if they had just called it incomplete from the get go...they definitely did not follow the standard for review and just guessed at it.

Solo is a bad boy. Get him more touches.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT