ADVERTISEMENT

Vol Fans

della

Dec 11, 2001
You are pretty full of yourself...

A couple of points:
  • This is not a national forum, it is the NU home forum. They have the right to be pissed and let off steam. It is their house!!!
  • You make summary judgement against NU fans, but you fail to mention all the UT trolls that ragged them and rubbed in a bitter loss. Do you want advice from a bammer after a loss?
  • Finally, you finish you proclamation by calling them "inferior" and give them advice on what they should do in regard to the loss.
If you are a Volquester and did not blast the "General's Qtr board" after the way they acted over OU and UF collapses, you are a hypocrite. Of course, if you want to try to refute what I'm saying, be my guest or should I say, the NU's Homeboard's guest.

This was my response to an insane "Holier than thou" poster. The thread got canned, so I posted it as a stand alone.

Thanks Della. Can't believe that one got canned, but it really was one of the most unpleasant things I've ever read on this board. And I've read A LOT of unpleasant things on this board.

What I wrote there, I won't regurgitate here, but I specifically called you out as one of the UT posters I really enjoyed. Please stick around!

Della, you are a fine representative of your school and I hope that you decide to come back once in a while to talk football with us. If you decide not to, I truly enjoyed reading your level headed posts among some of the more hostile exchanges between the fans of the two schools.

Reactions: della
Thanks Della. Can't believe that one got canned, but it really was one of the most unpleasant things I've ever read on this board. And I've read A LOT of unpleasant things on this board.

What I wrote there, I won't regurgitate here, but I specifically called you out as one of the UT posters I really enjoyed. Please stick around!

Honestly, if the post is started by someone I have never heard of, I just don't read it. It is very likely to be a gleeful "we told you so" post even though they didn't have the courage to make their statement prior to kickoff. Missed the unpleasant post as I am sure it was started by some ass clown that just surfaced after a shellacking.

Della and about a dozen or so UT posters provided great feedback from a UT perspective. It's unfortunate that they get overshadowed by an excessive amount of buffoons who did nothing but flame.

Honestly, if the post is started by someone I have never heard of, I just don't read it. It is very likely to be a gleeful "we told you so" post even though they didn't have the courage to make their statement prior to kickoff. Missed the unpleasant post as I am sure it was started by some ass clown that just surfaced after a shellacking.

Actually, it was started by Mr. "You Guys Are Jerks! I'm Going to Write a Letter to My Local TV Station to Tell Them!" guy. It wasn't an "I told you so" post, it was some serious holier-than-thou stuff.

Actually, it was started by Mr. "You Guys Are Jerks! I'm Going to Write a Letter to My Local TV Station to Tell Them!" guy. It wasn't an "I told you so" post, it was some serious holier-than-thou stuff.

I thought that guy was a hoax until Glades called him. I guess his little talk didn't have much of an impact! Oh well, at least I got to meet Glades today.

Della, your posts have been fun.
I always thought it was OK to talk trash a bit before the game, but gloating after a win, especially on the other team's message board, is bad form. And a lot of things I want to type besides "bad form" but I've resolved to use better language this year. It was put to the test VERY EARLY in the year.

trust me not all of us are ugly, rude, rednecks, with no class and or respect. Volquest can be flat out ugly at times but it's only about 15% of us that show our ass and don't understand what or how to be a fan. What to see something really crazy??? Just come back next year if our VOLS lose ANY game and you will see post asking for coaches to be fired, people wanting to burn the school down, and people tracking Gurden's plane. Not going to lie we are a passionate fan base and we have been praying for days we can feel good about our football program again. I'm sorry if some of us (have to include myself as we are all VOLS) get out of hand and a little cocky after a win. NU has a good football team, a fantastic coach and they had a real good season this year.

Reactions: Hurd_Is_The_Word
I have always had a sixth sense about people. There is no shortage of knuckleheads around here lately but that guy was seriously off somewhere in an imaginary universe.

I do think it unfortunate that some come here to gloat. It can be interesting to see what other fan bases think about wins and losses. I also visited to see what you guys or y'all thought about the game beforehand.

I did see one post in particular that pandered to the worst stereotype of what it means to be a "southerner ". There were some on this board who embraced it as gospel.

As a guy who was born in St. Paul, moved to Chicago and then spent 16 years in Chattanooga Tennessee before dad was transferred back to Minnesota I've been able to experience regional pride and ignorance in all places. There are SOME in the south who refer to Yankees from the north and in the Midwest I found SOME who seemed all to willing to embrace the Beverly Hillbillies as truth.

Northwestern is a fine school and you should feel good about your degree. I didn't attend UT, but there are some great educational opportunities there too.

Ultimately we want a world where all demonstrate class like the respective head coaches for NU and UT, but it's a big world and lots of fools in it. We just have to realize that and brush it off when they expose themselves.

Did someone say you were a troll?

I'm too wouldn't judge a fan base on just a small sampling.

Really, the only reason I'm on your site is that we're just hanging out with each family watching bowl games tonight. I'm really amazed how many of the same posters show up on the Volquest site. Don't they have anything else to do with their lives?

Some of this is about as bad as the Northwestern fans at the hotel on Tuesday getting plastered in the lounge area then proceeding to take a dump into a coffee filter and leave it on the TN table in the breakfast area with a note calling us Imbreds as well as cutting off my Power T flag from my suburban and smearing doo doo on my windshield. Yes folks we all have idiots.
That actually happened?!!!! We have had our share of drunken buffoonery but I have never heard of anything like this from NU fans. I apologize on behalf of all of us. This is disgusting and wrong.

That actually happened?!!!! We have had our share of drunken buffoonery but I have never heard of anything like this from NU fans. I apologize on behalf of all of us. This is disgusting and wrong.
It was gross. The doo doo was smeared on the window and my stupid wife tried to use the windshield wipers and wiper fluid to clean it off. That was a big mistake. Yes this happened. That same group every night of our stay harassed us with doo doo pranks. I assume they were part of the Scat Pack lovers or something. It was sickening. One night they put the coffee filter full of doo doo Into the microwave in the breakfast area. It was some of the sickest things I have ever witnessed in my 49 years on this earth.

Reactions: olbemw7
It was gross. The doo doo was smeared on the window and my stupid wife tried to use the windshield wipers and wiper fluid to clean it off. That was a big mistake. Yes this happened. That same group every night of our stay harassed us with doo doo pranks. I assume they were part of the Scat Pack lovers or something. It was sickening. One night they put the coffee filter full of doo doo Into the microwave in the breakfast area. It was some of the sickest things I have ever witnessed in my 49 years on this earth.
Again. I am sorry that our fans created an environment so detrimental to an enjoyable experience.

Some of this is about as bad as the Northwestern fans at the hotel on Tuesday getting plastered in the lounge area then proceeding to take a dump into a coffee filter and leave it on the TN table in the breakfast area with a note calling us Imbreds as well as cutting off my Power T flag from my suburban and smearing doo doo on my windshield. Yes folks we all have idiots.
That is very unDude.

It certainly doesn't sound true, but only because: jeez, who on earth would do that? I mean, even superdrunk hateful people don't do stuff like that.

NOBODY condones that kind of behavior. That is awful awful stuff. If that happened to you, I apologize on behalf of humanity.

No it's not BS. People were looking. I wanted to snap photos. Wife was having a fit. There were some rowdy TN fans running the halls at night but this one group of NU fans took it to another level. They thought it was fun playing in their doo doo. Now I will say a lot of NU fans were nice. We had this one group that were really upset at the Scat Pack bunch.
You sir are a liar.

I hope it isn't true, but who would make that kind of sh!t up? No pun intended, well maybe a little.

Guys, most UT fans I know were complimentary of your team, especially the defense. Unfortunately like most fan bases we too have our fair share of dolts.

Man they were drunk college kids I'm sure. They looked in their 20's. We couldn't prove it was them that smeared it on the windshield but we know it was them that kept dropping Dueces in the coffee strainers in the breakfast area.
Hopefully the hotel staff can prove something. That is twisted.

I hope it isn't true, but who would make that kind of sh!t up? No pun intended, well maybe a little.

Guys, most UT fans I know were complimentary of your team, especially the defense. Unfortunately like most fan bases we too have our fair share of dolts.
That's what I was saying. We both have them. I don't post much on Volquest as evidence of my post numbers but I had to share this with you guys. We did some crazy things years ago in college. It just never involved playing with doo doo.

That's what I was saying. We both have them. I don't post much on Volquest as evidence of my post numbers but I had to share this with you guys. We did some crazy things years ago in college. It just never involved playing with doo doo.
Ummm no. Well you should post more, just got to have the mind set that there are some real winners over there. We need good posters.

You sir are a liar.
No sir. I am not. I was only sharing what happened to us. One of them was passed out in the elevator one night. We could have done something to them but we didn't. I mean at the end of the day that's someone's kid. As I stated earlier. This was the only group of NU fans we encountered that were rude. For the most part all the cat fans were friendly.

No sir. I am not. I was only sharing what happened to us. One of them was passed out in the elevator one night. We could have done something to them but we didn't. I mean at the end of the day that's someone's kid. As I stated earlier. This was the only group of NU fans we encountered that were rude. For the most part all the cat fans were friendly.

I've seen people locked out of their rooms and kicked out of their rooms for far less. If this is a true story, why didn't the hotel act?

I've seen people locked out of their rooms and kicked out of their rooms for far less. If this is a true story, why didn't the hotel act?
We told the front desk about the doo doo in the breakfast area in the coffee strainers. They just went over and threw them out. As for my suburban? We told them inside what happened. They came out and apologized but we couldn't really prove this group did it. The only reason we knew they did it was because of the doo doo several times in the breakfast area.

Oh yeah, well a group of Vol fans broke into our RV and gang raped our crippled dog Boots.

See, I can do it too.

Reactions: Windy City Cat Fan
Oh yeah, well a group of Vol fans broke into our RV and gang raped our crippled dog Boots.

See, I can do it too.
It wouldn't surprise me. We have some doozies as well. I think you're not being serious but if you are they are sick and should be arrested for beastiality.

Man they were drunk college kids I'm sure. They looked in their 20's. We couldn't prove it was them that smeared it on the windshield but we know it was them that kept dropping Dueces in the coffee strainers in the breakfast area.

In this age of surveillance cameras, no way you can get away with this at a major hotel without one picking it up. Though I know there is no limit to human stupidity or human cruelty, I for one won't believe this without video or photographic proof. No offense meant TheAM, but this reeks of a, "Your trolls are worse than our trolls" tall tale.

Della. With all due respect, I just stated the truth I saw after reading all of those NU comments---where NU played itself in the Outback Bowl and won. I was not trolling, and I am not full of myself. The problem is that the NU fans here---with a couple of exceptions---are egomaniac assholes, and they have been that way from sometime about midnight three weeks ago. Apparently, you were the only VOL who failed to pick up on that unfortunate fact. They do not know how to win graciously or lose graciously. Whatever happens is 100 percent about them, and no other team ever shows up to play them. It is all about them. If they win, it is all about them. If they lose, it is all about them, how they beat themselves, and how their nonexistent opponent had little or nothing to do with their loss. After the past three weeks, I have zero respect for Northwestern University or anyone who bears its stamp. If some NU graduate's resume comes across my desk in future years, it is going into the trash can because I do not want a person with that mindset working for me or with me. Period.

lordsshieldpacal,

You say, you stated the truth and as we all know, "the truth will set you free". Yet,you are failing to recognize the blood on the UT fan's hands and therefore are not weighing sins of the NU fans against the sins of the Vols. You have not addressed it once. How can you have such Holy indignation and not see what is right in front of your nose? Shouldn't all the UT Trolls or arrogant posts be considered mitigating circumstances?

In so far is that it is about them goes, it is their football message board. Think about it, who is it suppose to be about? You, I and all the others are just guest here. Yet, we have come in here spewing all kinds of garbage. Some of us have posted threads telling saying NU is Crap and others sit it moral judgement of NU fans reacting to gloating Vols.

I actually believe that you want to be righteous.( good poster) However, your actions speak judgement and condemnation. You should try humility and longsuffering instead. Aren't those the true examples we are suppose to emulate? The only person you are qualified to judge is yourself. If I were you, I would apologize to this board.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT