ADVERTISEMENT

"We beat ourselves"

timbfischer

Oct 22, 2009
Said Malik Washington. If they believe that, they weren't paying attention to what was going on and that attitude is likely the reason we continually lose to teams we should beat. Southern Illinois wanted it more, had a better scheme, and made plays when they mattered. Southern Illinois beat Northwestern.

Said Malik Washington. If they believe that, they weren't paying attention to what was going on and that attitude is likely the reason we continually lose to teams we should beat. Southern Illinois wanted it more, had a better scheme, and made plays when they mattered. Southern Illinois beat Northwestern.
Yes. That is so lame. We are pillow fighting against terrible competition and losing. And these teams are better than us with better coaching

Like when the Neb players said they played their worst game of the season against us in Ireland LOL

I mean the 4 turnovers didn’t help, but no. SIU straight-up beat NU and were simply the better team on the field.

I mean the 4 turnovers didn’t help, but no. SIU straight-up beat NU and were simply the better team on the field.
Malik isn’t wrong. Our coaches were bad and our team played terribly, losing the turnover battle by 3. SIU absolutely beat us fair and square - and credit to them for their second win over a B1G opponent - but we helped them in a big way.

I don’t care who we play… if you lose the turnover battle by 3, you’re likely to lose that game the vast majority of the time.

A bowl game is still in play. Just like it was in 2016 and 2018 after other horrific losses. Go Cats!

Reactions: hoosboot
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT