ADVERTISEMENT

Would you attend home games this year?

I would happily attend home games despite my advanced age (77). My pal and I have 4 season tickets and would use 2 of them so as to be appropriately distanced. We would both wear masks. I would create my own tailgate down by the lake, which would feature sub sandwiches, cookies, and beer and invite several of my NU buddies. I would drive out to Evanston the day before, stay at the Orrington and drive home after the game or the day after the game.

I would happily attend home games despite my advanced age (77). My pal and I have 4 season tickets and would use 2 of them so as to be appropriately distanced. We would both wear masks. I would create my own tailgate down by the lake, which would feature sub sandwiches, cookies, and beer and invite several of my NU buddies. I would drive out to Evanston the day before, stay at the Orrington and drive home after the game or the day after the game.
Yeah.... but what would you have for breakfast? :p

Yeah.... but what would you have for breakfast? :p
Probably get a breakfast sandwich at Einsteins on my way to the tailgate. Tailgate would commence 3 hours before kickoff. A few cans of Yuengling are very good with all types of food.

Reactions: TheC
No. Would rather see games with friends in mine and their backyards. I've been to many games when the stadium feels empty and has no life. Why would I suffer through that during a pandemic?

Reactions: BarefootCat
+1

Wearing a mask is not a political statement, it's a friggin' IQ test. Be smart, people. Wear masks and stay calm.

I would attend home games, especially if they put in good social distancing measures, which I'm sure Phillips, Fitz, and the powers that be would be sure to do.
Then you had better hope you don't need to use the toilets. Gee wonder how they will control that.

Uh, wear a mask, socially distance in line, do your business, wash your hands with soap, and return to your seat. Not rocket science.

Probably should use the same process once the pandemic ends. Particularly wearing the mask.

If I was in Chicago instead of New York... Yes...

... partially to annoy the people who think we shouldn't be playing football at all...

but without crowds, it's not worth jumping on a flight to attend.

I could be wrong but given players have the option of opting out I would imagine support staff (training staff, ball boys, chain gang) have a similar option.

If they need volunteers for chain gang I'll be first in line.
I’m 62 and I would be happy to volunteer for the chain gang too.

No.

At 30K, Ryan stinks. At 5-10K, it’s intolerable if not reasonably safe. Covid downside plus 1080p upside on TV? Not close...

Sturgis. Next year. Let them play with cardboard fans and recorded cheers. TV garners more fans anyway. I definitely want to renew my season tickets for next year, but that won't happen if we don't deal with this now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT