ADVERTISEMENT

4 NU alums in opening XFL game

NU-Dog

Aug 18, 2005
On the first play of the season, Hunter Niswinder kicked off for the DC Defenders.

Playing against him for the Seattle Dragons are Jordan Thompson, Godwin Igwebuike, and Kyle Queiro.

Game is on ABC. Kicked off at 2 pm EST.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
On the first play of the season, Hunter Niswinder kicked off for the DC Defenders.

Playing against him for the Seattle Dragons are Jordan Thompson, Godwin Igwebuike, and Kyle Queiro.

Game is on ABC. Kicked off at 2 pm EST.

Interesting take on the XFL kickoffs. Could see the NFL and NCAA adopting some day.

Reactions: epicbret
No way. The NFL is moving *away* from returning kicks.

Not sure if you saw it, but it’s a much safer lower collision type of setup. Sort of bizarre.

Also, there’s no kicking on extra points where there’s a 1, 2 and 3 point line at different distances where you have 1 play to score.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
Thank goodness this winter in DC is the warmest on record. Obviously league not created for fans in the stands.

Niswander was so-so in college. Can't believe the pay is great and future promotion to the NFL has to be a stretch.

It's funny, as a wrestling fan (I used to set up rings for the WWF many, many...many years ago) of course I was predisposed to watching the XFL...I debated which team to root for and settled on DC since I lived there before moving to Chicago...looked up the roster and was disappointed to see We Didn't Come Here to Play School as the starting QB, but whatever...he's a pro now...then I got excited to see Hunter the Punter on the roster...then I started watching the DC game vs. Seattle Dragons and heard the unmistakable "tackle by Godwin (pause...) Igwebuike" AND THEN heard Quiero's name not long after.

It was a roller coaster of emotions.

Cardale became a great college QB (for three weeks, the exact perfect ones), and I think a credit to OSU.

It's funny, as a wrestling fan (I used to set up rings for the WWF many, many...many years ago) of course I was predisposed to watching the XFL...I debated which team to root for and settled on DC since I lived there before moving to Chicago...looked up the roster and was disappointed to see We Didn't Come Here to Play School as the starting QB, but whatever...he's a pro now...then I got excited to see Hunter the Punter on the roster...then I started watching the DC game vs. Seattle Dragons and heard the unmistakable "tackle by Godwin (pause...) Igwebuike" AND THEN heard Quiero's name not long after.

It was a roller coaster of emotions.

To be fair to Cardale Jones, he changed his tune, acknowledged that tweet was stupid, and got his degree. Glad to see him getting a chance in the XFL

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT