ADVERTISEMENT

Did NU football's "hazing" activity involve guns?

There was a player who was kicked off the team for having a gun in the dorm 10-20 years ago if memory serves. My recollection was that he had a handgun. At the time, there was no connection to any other violation of team rules.

There was a player who was kicked off the team for having a gun in the dorm 10-20 years ago if memory serves. My recollection was that he had a handgun. At the time, there was no connection to any other violation of team rules.
If I remember correctly it was actually a pellet gun.

This was also around the time Urban was at Florida and had to have "no guns" and "don't hit women" painted on the walls and referred to them as "core values."

• Wow
Reactions: Hungry Jack
There was also Xavier Menifield.

"Xavier Menifield, 19, a running back from Valencia, Calif., was charged March 16 with aggravated unlawful use of a weapon, a felony, for having an unloaded rifle in his vehicle"

"He was also charged with unlawful use of a weapon after a pair of metal knuckles were allegedly found in the vehicle"

If the metal knuckles and unloaded gun were just sitting in his car, then how was he using them? Maybe there's a law against possessing them, maybe they were improperly stored, but I'm not exactly sure how he was using them.

Anyway, interesting story. What a stupid thing to do to get kicked off the team.

Reactions: hdhntr1
"Xavier Menifield, 19, a running back from Valencia, Calif., was charged March 16 with aggravated unlawful use of a weapon, a felony, for having an unloaded rifle in his vehicle"

"He was also charged with unlawful use of a weapon after a pair of metal knuckles were allegedly found in the vehicle"

If the metal knuckles and unloaded gun were just sitting in his car, then how was he using them? Maybe there's a law against possessing them, maybe they were improperly stored, but I'm not exactly sure how he was using them.

Anyway, interesting story. What a stupid thing to do to get kicked off the team.
I’d assume the statute is written such that having the weapon in a public place is enough for “use” under certain circumstances.

Xavier Menifield, who had multiple guns and ammo plus brass knuckles:

If I remember correctly it was actually a pellet gun.

This was also around the time Urban was at Florida and had to have "no guns" and "don't hit women" painted on the walls and referred to them as "core values."

That was a different situation. Idiot offensive lineman Jeff Radek was randomly shooting teammates and other students around campus because he thought it was funny.

That was a different situation. Idiot offensive lineman Jeff Radek was randomly shooting teammates and other students around campus because he thought it was funny.

Man, that's also a pretty stupid thing to do to get kicked off the team.

Reactions: drewjin and IGNORE2

Thought the same thing. How is either unlawful use. Now if in IL and it required having a FOID card that he did not have, I suppose it could have been unlawful possession. Not sure how the metal knuckles fit in

Thought the same thing. How is either unlawful use. Now if in IL and it required having a FOID card that he did not have, I suppose it could have been unlawful possession. Not sure how the metal knuckles fit in
I'm pretty sure Fitz had a hazing program going at that time, involving the Senior Council beating wayward players with their brass knuckles. If that didn't solve the problem, they just shot them.

Figured I'd just say it before one of the haters did.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT