ADVERTISEMENT

First-half thread for NU vs. MSU

Now that i’ve Seen him some, it is apparent Hunter isn’t a runner but is a relented pocket passer.. The offense doesn’t play to his strength.

Boy Hunter is damn accurate with those throws. And he needs to be because our WRs get no separation.

Boy Hunter is damn accurate with those throws. And he needs to be because our WRs get no separation.

The MSU coverage on our receivers is fantastic. Johnson doing a nice job giving our guys a chance, and the WR’s have come up with some really nice grabs.

He also seems to be barking out a bunch of commands. Eventually he is going to take a game over. Maybe today.

At least last year our OL didn't have a bunch of penalties. This year we add the penalties too. Why are things getting worse??!!!

Sorry, but another monumentally stupid play call by Mick. Why not just run some clock and punt??? Just stupid, stupid.

That's a horrible shame and I completely blame McCall. Might be tough to come back from this the way our offense has looked all year.

REmember the days when we used to run back kicks for TDs... or at least tried? Watching this team is so damn difficult. They may still come back and win this game, but its so hard to watch this style of play.

Reactions: IGNORE
The coaching limitations are so maddening - and it just sucks that Hunter isn’t a finished product - gotta stick with him, but I was hoping he’d be much better than what he’s showing early on. The McCall stuff isn’t worth rehashing - it doesn’t matter that his offense 3 weeks in has yet to show any progress despite arguably better tools at hand - he’s here to stay.

QUOTE="cat inkansas, post: 660789, member: 838"]Whatever Fitz says during timeouts---he should say something different!![/QUOTE]

REmember the days when we used to run back kicks for TDs... or at least tried? Watching this team is so damn difficult. They may still come back and win this game, but its so hard to watch this style of play.

You are free to do what you want, but if I were you I wouldn’t post during games. As I said in a thread a few days ago, just a completely different tone.

This isn’t ideal but a lot of game left. Hunter looks good except for one bad play.

Reactions: Fitz51
I am sure the coaching staff feels bad about collectively handing MSU 7 points before the half.

You are free to do what you want, but if I were you I wouldn’t post during games. As I said in a thread a few days ago, just a completely different tone.

This isn’t ideal but a lot of game left. Hunter looks good except for one bad play.
Yes, we should only post happy thoughts. BTW, that was a slightly less than perfect first half!!!

They get the posts they deserve from me.

With our offense as poor as it's playing and their defense is good as it is going to be very hard to come back from this deficit

I have to say that was some of the best time-out management that I have ever seen. PF has really upped his game day coaching.

Yes, we should only post happy thoughts. BTW, that was a slightly less than perfect first half!!!

Yes anything less than calling the Touchdown Play every time on offense and calling the Sack or Turnover Play on defense is a disaster.

Oh, and if we’re not in the lead from start to finish the sky is falling.

Too many mistakes, but also a lot of promising stuff. I’ll reserve judgment till the end of the game.

Reactions: ColumbusCatFan1
Gonna' give up points thanks to Mick.

Nah, that’s on Hunter.

He had the back open for a check down. You can’t force that throw off your back foot into the wind. He’s played fairly well so far, but that decision was very costly.

I completely understand the coaching staff’s motivation to steal a few points before half while in plus territory. They gave Hunter a fail safe option in the flat, but he choose not to take it.

Bummer.

With two minutes to go it looked like at worse the score would be 7 to 6. Hope this fires up the Cats who are at least in a better position than the other mitten state team at their half with Wisconsin shutting them out.

Reactions: ColumbusCatFan1
Yes anything less than calling the Touchdown Play every time on offense and calling the Sack or Turnover Play on defense is a disaster.

Oh, and if we’re not in the lead from start to finish the sky is falling.

Too many mistakes, but also a lot of promising stuff. I’ll reserve judgment till the end of the game.
Come on though. Two really dumb, yet important play calls have really made the difference in this game. First was going backwards on first and inches near the goal line. Second, was trying to pass down field on 3rd and 20 going into the wind with a minute and a half less in the half instead of running some clock and punting MSU deep. That's a 14 point turnaround, which in a game like this, might be all she wrote.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT