ADVERTISEMENT

First half thread for the Big Ten title game

The passing game today is just not there. Unfortunately we're not running the ball either at least not even trying.CT just doesn't have it tonight

@NUCat320

That's why McCall needs to move the pocket, or in lieu of that, Thorson needs to start using his legs to evade the rush and buy time for his receivers.

These pass plays are taking too long to develop and it's not like NU receivers have been getting open anyways on those down the field routes.

This is exactly like the 2nd half of the UM loss and the 1st 3 Q of the M00N game.

Thorson needs to play like Persa, or even Siemian (the little that McCoy let him) if the 'Cats are to have a chance.

The D is keeping the 'Cats in the game, but dOSU will continue to score and the D will start tiring out.
I’d love a QB draw at some point.
Unfortunately, McCall’s offense hasn’t evolved with the times, and NU definitely can’t out-athlete OSU outside...

CT just is not a good qb anymore after his injury. I do not understand why Fitz insists on empty back field trusting CT.

Run the ball please. Our receivers can't get any separation and the Oline can't stop the pass rush. CT has no time. This game is getting away from us and could be ugly soon.

In his defense, he's getting little pass protection and his receivers are covered. What's he supposed to do?
We need to be calling more run plays.

Just a couple weeks ago against Iowa we literally ran every first down the whole game.

I don't understand why we're trying to force things in the passing game so much.

Is Bowser on that tight a leash after a couple early runs that didn't go anywhere?

Only 8:30 of possession, way too many incompletions. If we had been running it on more first downs, this half would already be over...

Our play calling is just ridiculously atrocious. This is a Buckeye team that gave up 500 yards 4 times. We will never compete at the highest level until something changes on offense.

It didn’t work, but the timeout was the right call.
We called the timeout because we think we can win and we want the ball back.

Trust Yourself.

Good thing we call that time out. 3rd and 17 and they get a touchdown but that was an incredible perfect throw Haskins is really really good.

Reactions: Hungry Jack
Ohio State is light years ahead of every other team in the BIG. They'd be doing this to anyone in the conference tonight.

I’d love a QB draw at some point.
Unfortunately, McCall’s offense hasn’t evolved with the times, and NU definitely can’t out-athlete OSU outside...

That's the thing, tho.

It's no coincidence that PU and NEB put up a lot of yds/pts against the Bucknuts.

It's fine if Fitz wants to keep the D in his mold; but the O is going to have to evolve and go back to being a high-flying O if Fitz wants to win the West again.

What a joke! They scored on third and twenty and third and 11! We had a three man front. No pressure! Meanwhile they are destroying us with pressure. What a waste of time watching this fiasco

Ohio State is light years ahead of every other team in the BIG. They'd be doing this to anyone in the conference tonight.
Tons of weapons on that team. If we'd been running the ball more, score might be lower I guess (since we'd have burned several minutes off the clock), but yeah that offense is just loaded.

They can force anybody into a shootout with that QB and WRs.

Reactions: NUCat320
That was a dagger. 3rd & 20 and the Bucknuts convert for a TD (barf, yack, fetal position, repeat).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT