ADVERTISEMENT

Gable vs. Ditka

Place your bet

• Gable

• Ditka

Results are only viewable after voting.
Why are we given a Pitt guy (Ditka) to defend?

Just leaned on Wikipedia that he was born Dyczko. Never knew it

Gable is one of my sports heroes and would be the one entity, and I'm including planets, that could defeat Ditka.

Absolute intensity no matter the situation. He participated in a charity exhibition in my hometown shortly after the '72 Olympics and my brother was helping out. He met Gable in the locker room and he was mentally preparing for a meaningless match like it was for the gold medal.

Reactions: HawkCat and drewjin
Gable would destroy Ditka despite the size difference.

The love of Mike Ditka is something I will never understand (and I’m a huge Bears fan). He had one of the best rosters in NFL history and won one Super Bowl when he probably should have won two or three.

On top of that, by most accounts he is a pretty lousy human being too.

Gable would destroy Ditka despite the size difference.

The love of Mike Ditka is something I will never understand (and I’m a huge Bears fan). He had one of the best rosters in NFL history and won one Super Bowl when he probably should have won two or three.

On top of that, by most accounts he is a pretty lousy human being too.

According to the Ditka experts on SNL, he could take out a whole convent of nuns if he had to. I'll go with the experts on this one. Ditka in a first period tap out by Gable.

GOUNUII

Reactions: Jonny2TheP
This post confirms that we have officially entered "the dead period". It won't end until summer football practice.

Reactions: StreamCat
Gable would eat an ice cream cone with one hand while making Ditka cry like a baby with the other.
Seriously, Ditka has zero combat sports experience & Gable was an absolute monster.
Wouldn’t last 10 seconds.

Gable left college on a losing streak !

So did Michael Jordan & Larry Bird, & almost every great of all time. Who cares, it’s college.
Then Gable went on to DESTROY that same wrestler every other time they wrestled & them went to the two biggest wrestling tournaments on the planet, the World Championships & Olympics, & won both in a combined 78-0 score. Seriously, he wrestled the greatest wrestlers on the planet at the professional level & won both tournaments, not giving up a single point. That will NEVER happen again.

So did Michael Jordan & Larry Bird, & almost every great of all time. Who cares, it’s college.
Then Gable went on to DESTROY that same wrestler every other time they wrestled & them went to the two biggest wrestling tournaments on the planet, the World Championships & Olympics, & won both in a combined 78-0 score. Seriously, he wrestled the greatest wrestlers on the planet at the professional level & won both tournaments, not giving up a single point. That will NEVER happen again.

Take a deep breath-losing the NCAA title in his SR year may have been the greatest upset in the history of college wrestling. I believe NU wrestled ISU when Gable was there

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT