ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread for Iowa vs. NU

mshelton33

Jun 16, 2021
Northwestern (19-7, 10-5 Big Ten) host Iowa (17-9, 9-6 Big Ten). The Hawkeyes caught Northwestern towards the end of their stretch of COVID makeup games, and blew the game open in the second half on the way to an 86-70 win in Iowa City.

Every game the rest of the way is crucial for Big Ten tournament position. If Northwestern loses, they drop to six Big Ten losses, joining Indiana, Iowa and Maryland jockeying for second place. If Northwestern wins, they'll pick up their 11th conference win, further secure their standalone status in second and cap one of the best weeks of basketball in program history.

Reactions: drewjin
There is quite a bit of black-and-gold in the building tonight, but nowhere near as many fans as Purdue and especially Indiana had. I saw Medill Mafia members Dave Revsine and Adam Rittenberg here as fans. Keegan Murray is also here on All-Star break to check out his little brother.

Students are here in force, very much casual beach attire.

Iowa slowly filling in the vacant seats around us.

Reactions: Hungry Jack
I stretched earlier so I'm ready to bounce off the living room walls over this one.

1KqXcbE.gif

Anyone else see wrestling in Big Ten network right now, or is my Hulu lagging?

Can't say I'm a fan of beach night, but if the fans like it, I'll go along with it. It's certainly helped NU's shooting!

Excellent display of team, unselfish, ball.

Keep focus on transition defense. Already one where a player lost the opponent in the corner, though IA did not find him in transition. It cost us a good 8-10 avoidable points in Iowa City.

Brooks has been a force tonight.

BTW, seeing Collins way out of the box again, as usual. McCaffrey too. I wondered: have the coaches ever passed each other on the sideline during the game?

Does the crowd behind the benches ever stand up and cheer? Or do they just sit there, no matter how exciting our play is?

• Sad
Jeezus - why are these Io_a losers being allowed to foul on every entry pass?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT