ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread for Penn State vs. Northwestern

mshelton33

Jun 16, 2021
No. 2 Northwestern (21-10, 12-8 Big Ten) plays No. 10 Penn State (20-12, 10-10 Big Ten) in the quarterfinals of the Big Ten Tournament at the United Center. Tip-off is scheduled for 5:30 p.m. CT, the game will air on BTN.

Reactions: PurpWildCatNation
GO CATS GO CATS GO!

Cats fans making more pregame noise, but it definitely won’t be a W-R atmosphere.

Give #3 away for free and keep big Matt under the basket. Don’t double and guard the 3 pt line.

Game will be won or lost on being able to score or not anyway.

We have got to make shots!! We should be up at least 10-0

NU is defending effectively. I’d rather NU take advantage of the potential size in the post than go away from our game and play small. Play to your strengths, not to your opponent weaknesses.

NU is defending effectively. I’d rather NU take advantage of the potential size in the post than go away from our game and play small. Play to your strengths, not to your opponent weaknesses.
Who on NU scores from the post?

This is the Auburn game all over again. They look so good on one end of the floor but then look like a bad high school team on the other end.

• Sad
Reactions: drewjin
Honestly, I think we are playing well…minus the all important make shots part of it. We’ve gotten several great looks and the defense has been fantastic. Again, feels a lot like our first game against them to this point.

PSU is just gonna shoot 3's all game long until they start hitting. They get open pretty easily. Somehow NU has to get on these guys.
Unfortunately based on history this season sooner or later Penn State will start making their three-point shots but we may not

Henn is playing his fifth college season at his fifth different school in seven years. (Three seasons at California Baptist, but only healthy for one, got his degree.)

Same high school recruiting class as Barrett Benson and Isiah Brown. He’s played as a grad transfer at Portland, Denver, and now PSU.

This is a pretty dreadful performance so far. Penn State looks tired and outclassed, NU should be up 15.

I'm in Mexico and can't figure out how to see the game anyone want to give me a score once in a while?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT