ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Jackson State vs. Northwestern

mshelton33

Jun 16, 2021
Northwestern (9-2, 1-0 Big Ten) hosts Jackson State (4-8) tonight at Welsh-Ryan Arena. Tip off is scheduled for 7 pm and the game will air on Peacock.

Last non-con of the season!

Northwestern (9-2, 1-0 Big Ten) hosts Jackson State (4-8) tonight at Welsh-Ryan Arena. Tip off is scheduled for 7 pm and the game will air on Peacock.

Last non-con of the season!
On the WGN broadcast, Dave Eanet reported with sadness of the death of former broadcast partner, Joey Meyer. Details apparently unavailable at that time. A real blow for Eanet and many others.

gonna tune in for the 2nd half but just looking at the stat line what on earth is up with MN?? Even Preston has 4 pts

gonna tune in for the 2nd half but just looking at the stat line what on earth is up with MN?? Even Preston has 4 pts
Notably less aggressive in the offensive end than last year. Hesitant to take it to the basket. Doesn’t seem ready to receive passes. I wonder if he’s hurt.

Reactions: drewjin
Gotta think this is a moment where the Chicago State loss fires up these guys. Really hoping to see them come out with a fire lit under them and put Jackson State away.

If they let JSU hang around I’m probably going to overreact even if they win.

Notably less aggressive in the offensive end than last year. Hesitant to take it to the basket. Doesn’t seem ready to receive passes. I wonder if he’s hurt.
My talent for being wrong on the internet may be turning Matt’s season around.

Is it weird that the kid from Glenview has the best playground moves on the team?

Barney is struggling on offense, and Buie not much better tonight. Need Berry to exceed his season high for points to seal this game.

Reactions: drewjin
Ty looks as if he tweaked his back taking that charge. Nick has bloody nose from the errant pass by Preston.

Are you kidding, did you watch the game. They were scoring on Barry at Will, even the midget. The announcers even pointed out the JSU was targeting Berry on defense.
Berry is just an average player. Shows some flashes, makes other dumb mistakes. Shouldn’t have to be any higher than the fourth option though. Should be Boo, Barney and then Langborg.

Reactions: The Purple Knight
Are you kidding, did you watch the game. They were scoring on Barry at Will, even the midget. The announcers even pointed out the JSU was targeting Berry on defense.
And to think this is just your second worst take on NU players. Worst was your disdain for the player who will go down as, arguably, the best player in program history.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT