ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: No. 25 Northwestern vs. DePaul

mshelton33

Jun 16, 2021
No. 25 Northwestern (7-2, 1-0 Big Ten) 'hits the road' to play DePaul (2-7) at Wintrust Arena today at 4:30 pm CT. The game will air on FS1.

The Wildcats still carry their 25th ranking for now as the next round of AP voting has not taken place since they lost to Chicago State.

Can Barnhizer do anything right?
Looks like his right hand is taped. I think it’s made him tentative. I didn’t see whether he had it on last game either. It can really affect one’s game to have to tape that shooting hand…

Reactions: drewjin
I liked him last year and earlier this year for 3s. Maybe it is his hand, but he’s hesitating before he releases it on every shot, and that’s not good.

Hes always had a hitch but they are daring him to shoot and he has to hit those. Berry too or we are in trouble.

• Sad
Just let Martinelli and Langborg shoot, everyone else get the f*ck out of the way. This is ridiculous.

We seem timid. Nicholson plays a foot smaller than he is. No moxie no mojo.

Just checking in from being on the road all day. From the box score it looks like Ty is missing everything and our bigs are fouling a lot. 25 points in the first half? yeesh.

Earlier this week I saw a very good Marquette team struggle, at home, to beat St Thomas. It happens.

DePaul is terrible. We did not play well but still won somewhat easily. Chill, we are OK. What matters is not some transitive logic, or beat not-so-good teams by 30. What matters is showing up and competing against anyone.

Earlier this week I saw a very good Marquette team struggle, at home, to beat St Thomas. It happens.

DePaul is terrible. We did not play well but still won somewhat easily. Chill, we are OK. What matters is not some transitive logic, or beat not-so-good teams by 30. What matters is showing up and competing against anyone.
The D held DePaul to their lowest ever point total in that arena. That's something.

Not a very good game by NU but glad we escaped with a win against a pretty bad DePaul team.

Reactions: cat inkansas
Wow, I'm glad Cats won but that was just some bad basketball. We're very lucky DePaul missed all those wide open shots in the last ten minutes.

• Sad
Reactions: MC_Cat and drewjin
Tonight seemed as simple as poor shooting. That wasn’t sloppiness or poor D like against CSU. It was just NU couldn’t hit much of anything. Happy for the ugly 10-point win.

Tonight seemed as simple as poor shooting. That wasn’t sloppiness or poor D like against CSU. It was just NU couldn’t hit much of anything. Happy for the ugly 10-point win.
They moved the ball well and had a lot of open looks. I will take this as the defense was very tough on DePaul. They had very few easy shots.

I have never seen us shoot well at Wintrust.

Reactions: FeralFelidae
Wow, I'm glad Cats won but that was just some bad basketball. We're very lucky DePaul missed all those wide open shots in the last ten minutes.
Unfortunately we saw some glimpses of the old Boo. Playing out of control, sloppy ball handling, forcing shots instead of facilitating. Hope this is just a little let down after the big Purdue win. Thank god for Martinelli or they would have been in trouble again.

Unfortunately we saw some glimpses of the old Boo. Playing out of control, sloppy ball handling, forcing shots instead of facilitating. Hope this is just a little let down after the big Purdue win. Thank god for Martinelli or they would have been in trouble again.
Spot on. He was out of control too many times and struggled with ball handling at times. I'd love to see him find a teammate when in iso mode; it seems predictable now that he's shooting it virtually every time.

Looks like his right hand is taped. I think it’s made him tentative. I didn’t see whether he had it on last game either. It can really affect one’s game to have to tape that shooting hand…
He did have it the last game too, looked like his pinkie was in a splint with the wrap on his shooting hand.

• Sad
Difference between CSU and today. Chi State made their open threes. Maybe a hangover from the Purdue euphoria.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT