ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Northwestern at Washington

Downside
11 rushing yards
63 total yards
0-7 on 3rd down conversions

Upside
Winning TOP!

Disagree with the Lausch hate. I actually see some nice physical tools that will shine when the game slows down for him. This season may be more downs than ups, but I think he has ability.

Bigger concern to me is I see no imagination in our play calling (honestly does anyone see a huge diff between McCall, Bajakian, and this right now?), and we seem content to turtle our way to a 48-10 loss and look for moral victories. Should be employing “David” strategies - pun intended - and maybe throwing some funk into our play selection out there to pique interest from higher caliber offensive recruits. There is 100% a punt in our future tonight on fourth and short when we are down four touchdowns inside enemy territory. Don’t see the value in that.

There’s not much room for creativity when you’re down a starting RB, starting WR, and two starting OL.

Disagree with the Lausch hate. I actually see some nice physical tools that will shine when the game slows down for him. This season may be more downs than ups, but I think he has ability.

Bigger concern to me is I see no imagination in our play calling (honestly does anyone see a huge diff between McCall, Bajakian, and this right now?), and we seem content to turtle our way to a 48-10 loss and look for moral victories. Should be employing “David” strategies - pun intended - and maybe throwing some funk into our play selection out there to pique interest from higher caliber offensive recruits. There is 100% a punt in our future tonight on fourth and short when we are down four touchdowns inside enemy territory. Don’t see the value in that.
Laush good potential but not ready yet

Guys like Thomas Gordon and AJ Henning, who have played tons of football, helping out their struggling but battling young QB by actually catching balls that get to their hands would help.
Yeah how did Calvin Johnson miss that last one. /s

There is no excuse for this. We are on pace for less than 150 total yards. Way less than Easterm Michigan and Weber State.had against Wash.

I understand I also just made a whole thread about this but HOLY ****ING CHRIST BUY A RUCKING JUGS MACHINE CATCH THE GODDAMN BALL

There is no excuse for this. We are on pace for less than 150 total yards. Way less than Easterm Michigan and Weber State.had against Wash.
I’m not making excuses, there is a lot of blame to go around. The offensive line is held together by duct tape and it’s still probably the better part of the offense. Lausch is battling and still hasn’t made a bad mistake in 6 quarters but his consistency throwing isn’t there. The other skill players with Porter out are… uninspiring.

Eastern Michigan played two quarterbacks today. Both are pretty decent. Both look better than our crew.

Reactions: phatcat
I don’t mind the kick. There’s a lot of time left in the game. I didn’t like the third down call running up the middle. I think you got to use Henning or Lausch and get them moving. But what do I know?

I don’t mind the kick. There’s a lot of time left in the game. I didn’t like the third down call running up the middle. I think you got to use Henning or Lausch and get them moving. But what do I know?
How many opportunities is this POS offense going to get, and one yard out? Every bit as stupid as the 3rd and 1 call in the Duke game.

Everyone except the LBs looks either slow, or weak, or both. That is super concerning going into the conference slate.

And I changed my mind on the FG call, not OK with it under any circumstance, we had to go for the TD there under any circumstance as we’re now for certain out of the game down 3 TDs.

For me, Braun has another 3 years of free pass at minimum.
He not only held us together in the most difficult times but got us a nice bowl win.
I did not think that the dawgs were beatable for this deflated cats team today.
We can still make a bowl game this season.
What the hell is going on with my ponts!

CJIII should have caught it.

For me, Braun has another 3 years of free pass at minimum.
He not only held us together in the most difficult times but got us a nice bowl win.
I did not think that the dawgs were beatable for this deflated cats team today.
We can still make a bowl game this season.
What the hell is going on with my ponts!
He’s not qualified to be a Big Ten head coach. His recruiting classes need to get better. The only good players on this team are a few Fitz holdovers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT