ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like the Big Ten season may be on, but...

No Big 10 team will play this year without the Conference blessing. If the conference give's the go-ahead either by vote or proxy, teams may be able to opt out which would make things interesting.

Nice to hear from you Klemman. Hope all well with you and yours.

Reactions: NUCat320
Even sadder is that Glades fell for him. And him a man of science.......

LOL! I saw it in passing while in a hurry to get to "better stuff" on Twitter such as new J-L Cauvin videos. Two qualifiers weren't enough, I guess.

I'm amazed that this thread took off the way it did. I have little interest in college football this fall. I'm surprised so many folks care so much about it.

By the way, J-L Cauvin's "...Call of Duty" video is hilarious.

• Haha
Reactions: willycat
Tennessee suspended a scrimmage today with 44 player either testing positive or quarantining due to exposure.

There were 50 million deaths from the circa 1918 Spanish Flu compared to 9 million who had died in the just ended World War I. 3/4 of a year in now and deaths in the U.S. limited to under 200,000 has to be, at least comparatively, encouraging.

Reactions: hdhntr1
There were 50 million deaths from the circa 1918 Spanish Flu compared to 9 million who had died in the just ended World War I. 3/4 of a year in now and deaths in the U.S. limited to under 200,000 has to be, at least comparatively, encouraging.
How many college football players died during that time?

ALL of them caught it from other people in the community. College Football Players are not living in a bubble.

I can't believe that "Yeah, like they all caught it from college football players" is a defense. Do people actually believe the "Yeah, think about *that*!" stuff they come up with?

Put all the players in a bubble like the NHL or NBA - oh, and pay them - and then you can have your precious ****ing college football.

No. As of this morning 188,224 are dead. None are college football players and 80% are over 65. No college football players have even been hospitalized. Can't wait for kickoff and neither can the BIG parents and players

Sounds like you’ve got the situation well in hand, Dr.

Reactions: NUCat320 and villox
No. As of this morning 188,224 are dead. None are college football players and 80% are over 65. No college football players have even been hospitalized. Can't wait for kickoff and neither can the BIG parents and players

Care to make a wager as to whether we’ll be at 200,000 by kickoff?

Good thing those players and coaches don’t know anyone over 65!

I can't believe that "Yeah, like they all caught it from college football players" is a defense. Do people actually believe the "Yeah, think about *that*!" stuff they come up with?

Put all the players in a bubble like the NHL or NBA - oh, and pay them - and then you can have your precious ****ing college football.

Tired of this crapola, where schools gleefully welcome students back to campus ( wonder why), then come off as morally superior because “we decided to postpone sports”. Hypocrisy at its finest. The reality is players are way more likely to catch the virus from day to day interaction than playing sports where they are monitored better than any other students.

Then people paint the folks who bring up this hypocrisy as some type of meathead pining for “their” ****ing college football. Like they don’t care about people as anything other than football players. That’s what I can’t believe.

Then people paint the folks who bring up this hypocrisy as some type of meathead pining for “their” ****ing college football. Like they don’t care about people as anything other than football players. That’s what I can’t believe.

I also cannot believe you think that meatheaded way. See, we reached agreement! And they say it isn't possible anymore.

• Haha
Tired of this crapola, where schools gleefully welcome students back to campus ( wonder why), then come off as morally superior because “we decided to postpone sports”. Hypocrisy at its finest. The reality is players are way more likely to catch the virus from day to day interaction than playing sports where they are monitored better than any other students.

I agree, that if universities gleefully welcome students back to campus, and do so safely without major outbreaks, there should be no reason for them to suspend football.

Now show me somewhere that’s happened.

• Wow

This ****ing virus won’t be controlled until there is a vaccine. Notice I said controlled not eradicated. So you better wrap people in shrink wrap and quarantine everyone for 60 days on college campuses to limit the spread. If there is a plan go all in, not half ass by allowing some things and stopping others.

This ****ing virus won’t be controlled until there is a vaccine. Notice I said controlled not eradicated. So you better wrap people in shrink wrap and quarantine everyone for 60 days on college campuses to limit the spread. If there is a plan go all in, not half ass by allowing some things and stopping others.

I don’t think it would take 60. 30, with massive rollout of rapid tests and contact tracing, should be sufficient.

I agree, that if universities gleefully welcome students back to campus, and do so safely without major outbreaks, there should be no reason for them to suspend football.

Now show me somewhere that’s happened.
I have been a proponent of virtual learning until January. Projecting a vaccine by then. My point is it shouldn’t be safe for some but not safe for others.

I have been a proponent of virtual learning until January. Projecting a vaccine by then. My point is it shouldn’t be safe for some but not safe for others.

It’s not safe for anyone. Even Illinois, the poster child for a massive effort to control it, is in danger of shutting down in person learning.

Hmmm, thought you said we were at 200,000 right now. Guess you were wrong. What knowing anyone over 65 has to do with college football players dying or being hospitalized is beyond me. The point is that college age kids, including football players, are not dying or even being hospitalized.

Hmmm, thought you said we were at 200,000 right now. Guess you were wrong. What knowing anyone over 65 has to do with college football players dying or being hospitalized is beyond me. The point is that college age kids, including football players, are not dying or even being hospitalized.

I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul.

Do yourself a favor and prepare your talking points for what you will say when the first player is hospitalized due to an unknown underlying condition. Or contract traced to killing a loved one. Because both are statistically inevitable.

Sean Doolittle nailed it when he said sports are the reward for a functioning society. Let’s bring back college sports when we have one again.

Do yourself a favor and prepare your talking points for what you will say when the first player is hospitalized due to an unknown underlying condition. Or contract traced to killing a loved one. Because both are statistically inevitable.

Sean Doolittle nailed it when he said sports are the reward for a functioning society. Let’s bring back college sports when we have one again.
Hasn't happened yet, but keep your fingers crossed! How fortunate you are to know what is statistically inevitable Of course, killing a loved one has nothing to do with playing college football. Any idiot in the world who tests positive could potentially pass it on to an elderly friend or relative if they elect to ignore masking and distancing rules. My kids and grandchildren are very good about this, but they aren't idiots like some members of the general public.

Hasn't happened yet, but keep your fingers crossed! How fortunate you are to know what is statistically inevitable Of course, killing a loved one has nothing to do with playing college football. Any idiot in the world who tests positive could potentially pass it on to an elderly friend or relative if they elect to ignore masking and distancing rules. My kids and grandchildren are very good about this, but they aren't idiots like some members of the general public.

I will instead keep my fingers crossed that Big Ten Presidents will continue to ignore irresponsible people who think it’s possible to socially distance while playing football. They’re the same crowd who thinks it’s possible to bring students back to campus.

if you really wanted football back you’d be in support of us doing more to control the pandemic. Instead you are doing insane things like arguing over precisely which day we’ll reach the official total of 200,000 dead.

• Sad

Stop making shit up.

Think you are finally getting it. Or at least some of it. No football until a vaccine or cure is available!

The first player has already been hospitalized. Brady Feeney, Indiana.

worse, he’s not making anything up, but “did you know that 1 in 5 hospitalizations are in people under age 65?” Doesn’t have quite the same ring to it.
So, 80% of those hospitalized are over 65. What's your point? 80% of COVID deaths are also in people over 65, just as I said. C'mon villox, I've known you for a long time - since you were the number one chef in the West Lot for football tailgates. What this boils down to is that you don't think college football should be played this year and I do. Lots of people all over the country agree with you and lots agree with me. So why don't we just call a truce? Stay well.

Reactions: nugnrfan82
So, 80% of those hospitalized are over 65. What's your point? 80% of COVID deaths are also in people over 65, just as I said. C'mon villox, I've known you for a long time - since you were the number one chef in the West Lot for football tailgates. What this boils down to is that you don't think college football should be played this year and I do. Lots of people all over the country agree with you and lots agree with me. So why don't we just call a truce? Stay well.

It actually doesn’t matter what either of you or people all over the country believe because neither of you are medical experts and neither are they. But villox sides with the experts. By all means, though, let these young men play. They probably won’t die!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT