ADVERTISEMENT

NU vs. MSU second-half thread

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
You gotta be happy with NU's performance after an absolutely disastrous start. From starting down 14-0 to leading 19-17 at the half? I'll take it.

Thorson recovered from the pick-six to finish the half 14-of-19 for 88 yards and 1 TD. Jackson has 98 yards rushing and NU is 5-for-10 on third downs.

Not bad.

You gotta be happy with NU's performance after an absolutely disastrous start. From starting down 14-0 to leading 19-17 at the half? I'll take it.

Thorson recovered from the pick-six to finish the half 14-of-19 for 88 yards and 1 TD. Jackson has 98 yards rushing and NU is 5-for-10 on third downs.

Not bad.

Started with another screen out wide to Jackson. Excellent.

Bam! Great read by Thorson. Now lets get a turnover and blow this thing open

87wKK.gif

Reactions: Fitz51
We are winnin the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. You do that for the rest of the game and we come out with a W.

Thorson actually ran the option correctly!!! Love it! Way to shake off a bad start and come storming back

Folks, I think we may have an offense again.

Outstanding game plan by McCall and the players are executing it at a high level.

Clean up the false starts and we'll REALLY have something.

NU has out scored them 33 to 3 since about 5 minutes in the first quarter.

Folks, I think we may have an offense again.

Outstanding game plan by McCall and the players are executing it at a high level.

Clean up the false starts and we'll REALLY have something.

Agreed. Up to this point in the game, McCall has called a fantastic game. I haven't been a fan of his, but I'm always willing to give credit when its due.

Can't let them back him. Hope we keep attacking with the passing game.

Just got home from The Buddy Walk. When I left the house we were down 7 and on the way heard it was then 14 for MSU . Heading back heard NU was ahead by 3. Great to see us now with 33 points though Michigan now with 24.

They have been doubling on Jackson all half and we had great success when we went to the pass but now we are going all conservative and they are all over it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT