ADVERTISEMENT

Official NU-Iowa SECOND HALF thread

Unbelievably stupid play call and an even worse play by Jackson

HOW DO YOU NOT JUST FALL AND STAY IN BOUNDS

How can they call that play in that situation? At least burn some clock and run to the wide side before stupidly going out.

So if this goes to OT i don't like our chances.

No kicker
Bad RZ offense

The game is right here

That time out just gives Iowa a chance to think and not let the clock add the pressure.

Wow, just checked and see that the Moose had visited my raspberry patch last night.
That makes the Moose 5 for 5.

Huh? We hadn't beaten them there since 2009, with losses in 2011, 2013 and 2014.

So what? We seem to win there when we seem to have no business winning. I thought we would lose, but there was always that little Kinnick factor that seem to be lingering in the back of my mind. Plus we were way overdue.

So what? We seem to win there when we seem to have no business winning. I thought we would lose, but there was always that little Kinnick factor that seem to be lingering in the back of my mind. Plus we were way overdue.
I don't know - I thought we were equally matched with them today, and we pulled off the victory. Certainly not a game "we had no business winning".

Up through 2010, we really had Iowa's number, but since then, we had had only one win before today. I don't see a Kinnick factor as much as just a solid win against a comparable opponent.

Well, the losses to WMU and ISU are still open wounds around here, so given the recent beat downs from Ioa, a victory today seemed like a very long shot.

I don't think the sack was a facemark. I think he got ahold of his collar and the QB put his chin down.
I did not see face mask. Maybe horse collar but it was close. The pass interference non call could have gone either way as well. Don't think there is face guarding in college and it was bang bang on contact. That both endued up as non calls definitely did not hurt. But calls were missed the other way as well. Holding, block in the back etc.

How bad can they be? They won 12 games last year.
We're not good. We're a game down in the race for our division.
I did not see face mask. Maybe horse collar but it was close. The pass interference non call could have gone either way as well. Don't think there is face guarding in college and it was bang bang on contact. That both endued up as non calls definitely did not hurt. But calls were missed the other way as well. Holding, block in the back etc.
You guys won. Beat us on D (you got more stops than we did). Allow us 3 Vegas points for the officiating.

We're not good. We're a game down in the race for our division.

You guys won. Beat us on D (you got more stops than we did). Allow us 3 Vegas points for the officiating.

The facemask was pretty bad I thought. I thought it was pretty clearly a facemask and the ref was staring right at him. I don't believe it swung the score of the game, but still hurt.

The non-PI where (I think) Quiero "face guarded" could have gone either way, yes, but not because he face guarded (not illegal) but because Quiero did make premature contact with the WR. Not a ton of it, but I wouldn't have been outraged had it been called, because it could have been.

The TD was CLEARLY a TD and a good call. No clue what the refs were bitching about.

The offensive PI non-call I think they had correct, but would need someone like GoCatsGo to elaborate on the rules there, cuz I can't.

Regardless, Iowa lost because they allowed 38 points to an incredibly mediocre Northwestern offense. I was SHOCKED they looked that good on O. McCall's tempo was great for the 1st and 3rd quarters

Reactions: ConvenientParking
The facemask was pretty bad I thought. I thought it was pretty clearly a facemask and the ref was staring right at him. I don't believe it swung the score of the game, but still hurt.

The non-PI where (I think) Quiero "face guarded" could have gone either way, yes, but not because he face guarded (not illegal) but because Quiero did make premature contact with the WR. Not a ton of it, but I wouldn't have been outraged had it been called, because it could have been.

The TD was CLEARLY a TD and a good call. No clue what the refs were bitching about.

The offensive PI non-call I think they had correct, but would need someone like GoCatsGo to elaborate on the rules there, cuz I can't.

Regardless, Iowa lost because they allowed 38 points to an incredibly mediocre Northwestern offense. I was SHOCKED they looked that good on O. McCall's tempo was great for the 1st and 3rd quarters
You guys won. Pissed about my Hawkeyes. I have respect for NU football.

If only we had Harris... Should have Harris... But someone decided to play him on kickoff team when we'd already lost a starting corner... Okay I'll shut up now

In Pat's defense, have you watched our kickoff coverage today? We unfortunately have to play some starters on coverage teams.

The weird thing was that Beathard never complained. I would guess if he got facemasked that he would be the one complaining the loudest. The replays seemed to show that he was pulled down by the uniform.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT