ADVERTISEMENT

Rewatch

I asked this during the game but don't believe I got an answer. I was under the impression that the offensive team could not advance the ball as a result of a fumble. Blough was clearly stopped short on that play. When he recovered the ball, why was the ball not placed at the spot of of the fumble?
I think that is unless the guy who fumbled recovered. Since Blough was the one that fumbled and recovered,...The gained yardage counts.

Don't you think that after 4 years they have figured out his progression check off list? They know to cover the first three or so the hardest with their best people and that after a certain count he is scrambling.

So “football?”

Don't you think that after 4 years they have figured out his progression check off list? They know to cover the first three or so the hardest with their best people and that after a certain count he is scrambling.

Yeah, but the thing was, our receivers were getting open, but CT wasn't always throwing it to the open receiver, unless I was missing something in the rewatch...

Numbers were all jacked up, but I don’t think so. Both Carnifax and Goens are showing as 94 on the NUSports roster with Oxley wearing 83, but pretty sure Oxley was in 94 and Goens in 83 against Purdue; pretty sure only Oxley and Goens played against Purdue.

How can Oxley and Carnifax both be 94? Did one of them move to offense?

Just re-watched. Besides all the positives that have already been commented on ( and these outweigh the negatives, especially seeing CT running around )

-I really, really miss Venric Mark. And speaking of special teams : will NU ever have someone kick off who can reach the end zone?
-Hall is great ( he must have been a 4 star recruit ). Do we have any other LBs who are ready to play and can match his speed, so when needed we can mix and match on the outside?
-Still have questions about the D line, especially against B1G smash mouth O Lines.

Really excited and curious to see what happens against Duke.

Go ‘Cats!

Just re-watched. Besides all the positives that have already been commented on ( and these outweigh the negatives, especially seeing CT running around )

-I really, really miss Venric Mark. And speaking of special teams : will NU ever have someone kick off who can reach the end zone?
-Hall is great ( he must have been a 4 star recruit ). Do we have any other LBs who are ready to play and can match his speed, so when needed we can mix and match on the outside?
-Still have questions about the D line, especially against B1G smash mouth O Lines.

Really excited and curious to see what happens against Duke.

Go ‘Cats!

Why mix and match?

Because. Sorry, couldn’t help myself.

What I meant was, if an oppenent has an elusive, dual threat QB, would it make sense to start a LB who is faster than Gallagher? Gallagher does not seem fleet of foot. And, if so, which other LB would fill that role? Or, is speed less important and it more about the not over pursuing and keeping his lanes?

Because. Sorry, couldn’t help myself.

What I meant was, if an oppenent has an elusive, dual threat QB, would it make sense to start a LB who is faster than Gallagher? Gallagher does not seem fleet of foot. And, if so, which other LB would fill that role? Or, is speed less important and it more about the not over pursuing and keeping his lanes?

Gallagher is plenty fast.

I hope so. He looked slow against Purdue. But that might have just been Moore. He'd make any LB look slow. He made our CBs look slow.

Moore did indeed, but I was impressed with Hartage running over from the other side of the field to nearly trip up Moore at the goal line. He must've sprinted a good 70 yards. Love his relentless attitude.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT