ADVERTISEMENT

So the word from the N Club is that the practice field is seriously being considered

Just have everybody bring their lawn chairs. Can't be done in the time frame given site work,lead time for materials, avaibility of competent contractors, sanitation, impact studies,safety inspections not going to happen.

Last edited:
I thought it was all a joke, but some Googling found a company that specializes in building modular stadiums quickly.

They seem to have done some impressive work, but when I consider the need for plumbing and electrical infrastructure, I am skeptical if it can be done in time. Also, I have to say that I have no desire to renew my acquaintance with port-o-potties.

I thought it was all a joke, but some Googling found a company that specializes in building modular stadiums quickly.

They seem to have done some impressive work, but when I consider the need for plumbing and electrical infrastructure, I am skeptical if it can be done in time. Also, I have to say that I have no desire to renew my acquaintance with port-o-potties.
They did F1 Las Vegas and they also did a temporary stadium for U of Hawaii which looks intriguing -

The practicality of constructing a stadium on time is not an issue. As GoCatsGo2003 pointed out, the logistics of moving people throughout the campus would be a considerable issue.

I advocate that despite the imperfections, the lakefront solution would be better than an off campus solution where plausibly less than 10,000 would attend. NU might as well limit capacity temporarily and keep the games on campus with the incredible backdrop, especially for the sparsely attended early season game.

the need for plumbing
There's a lake right there if you need to, you know.

the logistics of moving people throughout the campus
And

off campus solution where plausibly less than 10,000 would attend.
Just do it for the 3 early games then. Heck, we might not get 10k for them anyway (see-Maryland game). Pretty sure we can handle 10-15k people 3 times. Might take some planning by the adminis----HAHAHAHAHAHA

Reactions: NUinIowafan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT