ADVERTISEMENT

First-half thread for NU vs. Illinois

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
It's Cats and the Illini in the last game of the season for The Hat. Today, the team's record really doesn't matter, does it?

Let's enjoy the last time we get to see Joe Gaziano, Jared Thomas, Trae Williams, Alex Miller, Trent Goens and all the other seniors in Purple. I would love to see them send these guys off with a win after this dreadful year.

I'm not in Champaign today. I'm in Lincoln, Neb., watching from the couch with in-laws. A couple notes from the Daily NU:

Marty, Whittaker and Smith are the three QBs who traveled. Hull did not make the trip. So it will be Anderson and Niro at RB, and -- get this -- backups include true freshmen Coco Azema and Marcus Cisco.

Reactions: corbi296
It's Cats and the Illini in the last game of the season for The Hat. Today, the team's record really doesn't matter, does it?

Let's enjoy the last time we get to see Joe Gaziano, Jared Thomas, Trae Williams, Alex Miller, Trent Goens and all the other seniors in Purple. I would love to see them send these guys off with a win after this dreadful year.

I'm not in Champaign today. I'm in Lincoln, Neb., watching from the couch with in-laws. A couple notes from the Daily NU:

Marty, Whittaker and Smith are the three QBs who traveled. Hull did not make the trip. So it will be Anderson and Niro at RB, and -- get this -- backups include true freshmen Coco Azema and Marcus Cisco.

And it is wet in Champaign.

NU running double TE sets. This one will be over before the fourth quarter of Mich-OSU.

Why did McCall call for a Pugh drop? And right after he called for another Anderson fumble? Anyone can see this is all McCall’s fault and the players are not to blame at all.

Ouch. That was a four-point drop by Trey Pugh. NU can't settle for FGs when they get to the red zone.

That was a 13-play drive. 12 of them were runs. The one pass should've been a TD.

Reactions: corbi296
Why did McCall call for a Pugh drop? And right after he called for another Anderson fumble? Anyone can see this is all McCall’s fault and the players are not to blame at all.
You forgot to blame Marty for putting the ball in both of their hands.

Reactions: lunker35
D Balling well. O has confidence. Only one mistake, from which they can recover. Go Cats!

Reactions: NUCat320
NU playing with an intensity we haven't seen much this season.

That was the most predictable QB draw in the history of QB draws. Go for it on 4th!!

Thanks Northwestern offense. Been the story all year and really longer. The D making up for shitty offense.

I hate it when we play so we'll for a stretch, don't score much, and the opponent turns it around just like that

What a brain-dead sequence there. Fitz screams at Marty to end the quarter, then sends him out there on 4th to throw into double coverage. If only they could call it at halftime and end this season sooner.

Marty looks so much more comfortable in the pocket than Smith ever did. Really a mystery why he was behind in the depth chart.

Marty looks so much more comfortable in the pocket than Smith ever did. Really a mystery why he was behind in the depth chart.
Bad practice player. But still, crazy that there was never a consideration to play Marty.

Bad practice player. But still, crazy that there was never a consideration to play Marty.

Why is anyone surprised? These are the same coaches that played Andrew Brewer and a freshman Mike Kafka ahead of CJ Bacher, and let a future NFL QB Trevor Siemian sit on the bench so a WR could play QB.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT