ADVERTISEMENT

First-half thread for NU vs. Purdue

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
It's overcast but a pretty good weather day for November 20 in Chicago. It's 41 degrees right now and it's expected to rise to close to 50 by the end of the game. There's a chance for light rain around kickoff. The wind is blowing out to dead center.

The field looks dynamite. There are a lot of fans from both sides milling around outside. The Cats look just like the old (glory) days, with purple lids, black jerseys and purple pants. Maybe it will bring them a little luck.

Reactions: NUCat320
Playing 10 yards off the ball is a good strategy, right?

Can't find game on Hulu. Keeps routing me to Ped State. Says game starts at 1014 but obviously stsrted

If anyone can find out how to get the game on tv that would be great.

Rutgers is on BTN

There is no room for error with Marty at the helm. If we can’t constantly pick up 3-5 yards on every run/short pass, he has no way of making a 3rd and long.

I was able ti get it on fox sports on computer. Go to btn gamefinder and it will route tou

What is with this playcalling on third and long? And why even bother kicking a field goal beyond an extra point anymore?

Probably thought we'd get half of it and then go for it on 4th down because nobody other than the opposition wants to see Koobs out there kicking FG's.

with 8 guys back how did someone not have that guy coming out of the backfield ,,,,

We might as well play with 10 players with number one out there, zero pressure.

A sweep to the short side on 3rd and 7??? When we know we can’t make FGs? Why???
Listening, not watching.

The only thing I could think of is that they were afraid Marty would throw a pick and were planning for two runs. Pretty Wild lack of confidence.

But hey, 0-0. Go Cats!

Sight lines at the game in lower boxes are bad. Nice big screen. Electric environment.

Adams just broke the NCAA record for most career punts and yards

He broke his own record which he set earlier today, breaking his record set.last week.

And so on

This is just painful. A great sack nullified by defensive holding. Now marching down the field when that sack probably could’ve killed that drive.

While I’m in Europe, checking the play by play feed on ESPN.

3rd & 16 at PUR 36
  • (6:39 - 2nd) Ryan Hilinski pass complete to Evan Hull for 6 yds to the Prdue 30

Good grief. 6 yard pass on a 3rd and 16. So typical of this offense.

• Sad
Reactions: drewjin
While I’m in Europe, checking the play by play feed on ESPN.

3rd & 16 at PUR 36
  • (6:39 - 2nd) Ryan Hilinski pass complete to Evan Hull for 6 yds to the Prdue 30

Good grief. 6 yard pass on a 3rd and 16. So typical of this offense.
Wait till you see they threw a swing pass on 4th and 10

Reactions: TheC and DaCat
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT