ADVERTISEMENT

First-half thread for the Citrus Bowl

FYI #86 Wayne Dennis just had his first catch of the season. I don’t recall seeing him on the field at all.

Broadcast crew didn’t appear to have his name on their depth charts...

I really wish our team would do a better job at snapping the ball quickly after there is a questionable play that might be overturned. Probably wouldn't have made a difference for this play, but there are a few plays this year where I think, had we gotten to the line faster, we could have avoided good plays getting overturned by the booth.

Wait. So if you’re facing into the field, your whole foot has to come down in bounds, but if you’re facing into the sideline only your toe has to touch? That’s a weird rule if correct. Because if he keep his heel off the ground and then his other foot stepped down out of bounds it would be a catch?

Offense gotta keep pounding Porter, that Auburn run defense is leaky and will burst soon.

FYI #86 Wayne Dennis just had his first catch of the season. I don’t recall seeing him on the field at all.

Broadcast crew didn’t appear to have his name on their depth charts...

They credited Marshall Lang...

Another 3 and out by the Cats defense!

Wait. So if you’re facing into the field, your whole foot has to come down in bounds, but if you’re facing into the sideline only your toe has to touch? That’s a weird rule if correct. Because if he keep his heel off the ground and then his other foot stepped down out of bounds it would be a catch?
If any part of his foot comes down out of bounds, it's incomplete. So if he had been facing the sideline and his heel came down in bounds, but his toe was out of bounds, it would have been complete. If a receiver somehow managed to keep his heel down and his toe off the ground while facing the sideline (weird foot contortion), it would be complete. So the rule is consistent - no part of the foot can be out of bounds on a catch.

Apparently only Auburn is missing players.

Regards,
Eku Leota
All American Greg Newsome
Well, they did mention that Porter would get a lot more carries because of our missing RBs. So I think they will get around to mentioning our players on defense missing the game soon. I will give them the benefit of the doubt for now - so far, the broadcast team is pretty balanced and seems better prepared than other broadcast teams this year.

I will give them a pass on having the wrong player for #86 - heck, I didn't know who that was, either, so...

Looks like Auburn's defense is selling out to stop our run game. Hopefully, Ramsey can continue to keep them honest and open things up for Porter as the game goes on.

Wow. 4th and 8 around the 50. I’ll keep watching from the couch.

Though it didn't do anything for the play, I like the motion of Ramsey across the field from the Wildcat. Nice little wrinkle, probably to set up something for later in the game.

Man, Ramsey is just playing great today. Poised, calm, and accurate. Making all the right decisions so far.

Go Cats!

Reactions: Alan Smithee
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT