ADVERTISEMENT

First-half thread for the Citrus Bowl

Dream start for NU. Defense is stuffing them.

14-0 beginning of the second quarter and we have the ball.

I'll take that.

Yeah, he needs to get North and South faster.
In his defense, there hasn't been many holes to run through so far. That was the first play where I saw the line get some movement up front for him.

I think that now Ramsey has established that he can pick their secondary apart, Auburn will stop selling out against the run, which should open up more holes for Porter.

Reactions: drewjin
I’m hoping that the continued Wildcat plays are to set up a pass or a flea flicker type thing. Because I think it’s lost it’s effectiveness. Or maybe it will be effective later on if we can wear them down a bit.

Reactions: rogerkim
That direct snap to Porter while Ramsey was looking like he was getting the play from the sideline was another nice wrinkle as well. Say what you will about the success (or lack thereof) of the direct snaps/Wildcat formation, but you can't say that Coach Jake isn't creative.

Well we kept playing with fire on 4th downs. That was a very makable catch but stuff happens. We better hold em here. Don’t want to see another MSU...

Didn't work out this time, but I love Fitz's aggressiveness in going for it on 4th down, especially with how our defense is playing so far.

Reactions: zbag51
Ok, I prefer the Wildcat to the outside runs.

Ugh, unfortunate drop by Raine, self inflicted drive killer.

Now would be a good time for a turnover

Reckless coaching by Fitz there. 2 TD lead, pin them deep. That said Raine should have caught it.

Defense playing lights out. Helped by the fact that Nix is really having a poor game, but I love how our defense is playing.

Reactions: zbag51
I like aggressive 4th down Fitz. Especially in a bowl game.
Actually I think he gets a little carried away with it in big games. Watched that NU bowl-a-thon on the BiG network this week and they failed often in those big games.

Reactions: drewjin
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT